Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see what you guys think about my current experience with Shelton Service:

1. Made an appointment for 12000 mile service for my QP. Was given an appointment in 2 weeks

2. Faxed list of service issues to service manager the same day I made the appointment to the fax number from web-site

3. Faxed an updated list a week prior to the service appointment to assure all parts would be in stock and the service could be accomplished within 2 days, since I have to drive 2 hours to get to the dealer. Most items were interior warranty items.

3. Showed up the day of the appointment to learn that the service manager "forgot" to schedule the appointment. Showed the faxes, together with fax confirmations to the service manager. His reply was they went to the sales floor (a mere 50 feet from the service managers office) and I should have called to verify he received the faxes (yeah right that is why you send faxes). He was rather rude and it took some convincing to retain the honor of having him service the car.

4. Took him 5 days to even start on the car afther budging the appointment

5. Upon starting learned that he needs parts from Italy - needs about a week

6. Clutch worn 90 % (have a hard time believing that after 12500 miles, all in manual sport, 90 % interstate. No way to verify independently though). He quoted $ 5,600 for clutch replacement !!!!!!!!

Needless to say that is the last time I have Shelton touch the car. I feel completely robbed and taken advantage off. Those people destroy all the fun it is to own the Maser. Haven't heard anything good about the Collection in Miami either. Anybody have any experience there? What would you have done in my position?

Sorry for the length of the post and listening to me venting (feels good ;) )

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow that sucks.....

I always email direct to my service people and if they dont reply same day I know they need a nudge.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sounds like my experience with FMSV, except it's always 3 weeks out before they can see you. They never "forgot" an appointment but they did quote me $6000 for a clutch replacement, then came down to $5,600 after I told them FMSF would do it for $2,500.

Some of these dealers have so much Ferrari business they can afford to treat Maserati owners as bastard children, especially if you didn't buy the car from them in the first place, and they decide (rightly so in my case) that they're not going to be able to move you "up" to a Ferrari.

Best bet it to find another dealer like I did or find a good independent mechanic because dealers like Shelton and FMSV just don't give a FF about their customers they have way too many rich, stupid ones to have to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steeldream said:
Sounds like my experience with FMSV, except it's always 3 weeks out before they can see you. They never "forgot" an appointment but they did quote me $6000 for a clutch replacement, then came down to $5,600 after I told them FMSF would do it for $2,500.

Some of these dealers have so much Ferrari business they can afford to treat Maserati owners as bastard children, especially if you didn't buy the car from them in the first place, and they decide (rightly so in my case) that they're not going to be able to move you "up" to a Ferrari.

Best bet it to find another dealer like I did or find a good independent mechanic because dealers like Shelton and FMSV just don't give a FF about their customers they have way too many rich, stupid ones to have to.
I hear you lound and clear. The bad part is though I did buy the car from them and was quite happy with the sales experience. I mean it is not like Maseratis are the bargain of the day. The $$$$ you shell out for a Maserati is serious money in my book. Granted it might be change for someone else nonetheless anyone first of all appreciating a Maserati and secondly anyone who can afford one can't be "all too stupid", if they haven't inherited the monies or are our beloved "trust fund babies". Anyway I hear you loud and clear and as inconceivable of a notion it might be to me - I am afraid you are only too right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shelton

I have heard some horror stories about Shelton, although I haven't used them. The Collection has been pretty good with me. Matt Burns is the Service Manager there and is always very professional and timely in corresponding and getting my car in and out of service. You can mention my name and tell him I referred you next time you need service. I hope it will be a better experience.

Gregg P.
2003 Maserati Coupe (Tell him I'm the guy who tracks my car, he'll know who I am) good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QPIE003

Sorry to say the one and only thing stopping me from buying a QP is Shelton MF. They are the closest dealer to my house. Sales couldn't have cared less if I bought a car from them. Their Sales Mgr said I needed an appointment to get a test drive.

A friend told me the Service Department was a nightmare unless..you bought a Ferrari.

I drove to the Collection in Miami. They were friendly as anything too bad it is like driving to Cuba. Way too far for service.....

Sorry to the say the Dealership has held me off writing a check for $125K. I am hoping Alfas return to the U.S. will cause an upgrade to their dealerships and push Shelton out of the network.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Shelton Horror Stories

I have heard the same things over and over about Shelton. Its too bad because they should be a good service department becuase they are ferrari also. 5600 for a clutch, I would go pick up my car right now and go somewhere else. I have heard any of the dealers in Florida are ten times the dealer. How far is the collection, orlando, or Maser of Tampa?
We have a customer of ours that has had his car there for 1.5 months. This is why these cars get bought back.....too much time in bad service departments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts