Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
However so few were built... No wonder Maserati was in permanent financial trouble. Building a car that looks like one it already has... but a new model that will sell in low triple digits. I would love one... after I get the '90s Alfa Romeo SZ.

·
Registered
321 Posts
However so few were built... No wonder Maserati was in permanent financial trouble. Building a car that looks like one it already has... but a new model that will sell in low triple digits. I would love one... after I get the '90s Alfa Romeo SZ.
376 were built in total. Most were built in 1991, demand had almost dried out by 1992 (only 95 built), then they were made-to-order until 1995 in very, very small numbers (low double or single digits each year).

The interesting thing about the '93-'95 Shamals is that they were really customized to order - so they came in all kinds of unusual colors, at least one (light blue, sold in Italy in 1994) came with ABS brakes and 450 HP "factory tuning", which was also applied to other Shamals. One of these tuned cars has appeared on Youtube, it sounds awesome! But considering the total lack of traction control and the short wheelbase it must be a real handful when the full power is unleashed... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts