Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend any race tracks/courses in the Bay Area to push my 2005 GS to the limits? I just got a speeding ticket and it is too expensive to do this on 280 or 101.

Thanks,
RP

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Can anyone recommend any race tracks/courses in the Bay Area to push my 2005 GS to the limits? I just got a speeding ticket and it is too expensive to do this on 280 or 101.

Thanks,
RP
They've been trying to open a motorsports park in Merced County (Riverside Motorsports Park), but keep hitting "roadblocks", so to speak.

Here's a link: http://rmpracing.com/index0.htm

·
Registered
448 Posts
no bay area, but you are asking for speed, then you should definitely check out willowsprings raceway. Even my little old 4drs with 180 horses enters turn 8 full throattle at about 110-120 mph, accelerating toward 130 before braking hard for turn 9 and onto front straight, on street tires. Yes it's a little far south about 1 hr north of LA in Lancaster.

Bay area is graced with weather, beach, ski resorts, and we have a few tracks too. Starting with Thunderhilll near sacramento, Sears Point in sonoma county, , Laguna Seca near Monterey Bay, Buttonwillow about half way to LA, and WillowSprings near LA, with Fontana further south.

Expensive place, but where else are you going to find a place like this! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts