Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

Upon being in a Sewell dealer this weekend. I finally discovered why Sewell Maserati left Houston. It seems they did not like the fact that parts (e.g battery) took over 2 weeks to deliver from Italy and customers kept complaining.:thumbsdown: What's even more funny is when I order shirts from maseratistore.com they come in 2 days lol

What I don't understand is with Lamborghini, Ferrari the issue is the same.. I guess Sewell just wanted an excuse in my opinion. It's just annoying because now I have to drive all the way to Northside imports Maserati.

Just wanted to share the information in-case anyone else down here was wondering.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel your pain. Sewell has a good reputation up here in Dallas for Lexus and Cadillac, Fortunately Park Place Maserati has been committed to excellence with Maserati since it returned to the US in 2002. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While you are on Park Place, how is the Maserati service? I had a 2010 XK Jaguar and the service was ok...expensive, but good. Their Lexus service is very good (so far, under warranty, but expensive)

I also know Boardwalk has dealer service. How are they? There was a Fort Worth Maserati (Park Place), but I think it closed.

Are there any decent independent service places? I tried to get a console part through a European specialty garage in my area and was told that Park Place would NOT sell them the parts because Maserati told them only authorized dealers can work on the cars (BS).

I have a 2011 GT Cab...not sure if there is more to the car as I can't get the original window sticker. Is there some place to get the VIN code decoded with all the options?

·
Registered
34 Posts
While you are on Park Place, how is the Maserati service? I had a 2010 XK Jaguar and the service was ok...expensive, but good. Their Lexus service is very good (so far, under warranty, but expensive)

I also know Boardwalk has dealer service. How are they? There was a Fort Worth Maserati (Park Place), but I think it closed.

Are there any decent independent service places? I tried to get a console part through a European specialty garage in my area and was told that Park Place would NOT sell them the parts because Maserati told them only authorized dealers can work on the cars (BS).

I have a 2011 GT Cab...not sure if there is more to the car as I can't get the original window sticker. Is there some place to get the VIN code decoded with all the options?
David, can't help you on the VIN Code issue but I will give you some impression on Park Place (Dallas) Maserati service. I bought a 2004 Cambriocorsa Spyder new for my "middle age crazy" car and it's still fun to drive. In the early years I was able to take it to the service department near the dealership on Lemmon Ave. Ross Bird was the manager and he was great! (Now retired). Several years back Maserati, McLaren, Bentley moved to the old Jaquar dealership at NW Hwy/Spur 482(?) which is not very convenient. They run through service advisors like crazy and their communication with you is awful. I have 3 cars so it's not a matter of needing my "daily driver" back, as this is my "fun car", but at the high end they are dealing with - Maserati, McLaren & Bently, this shop needs a lobotomy, starting with the General Manager (whoever he is - they have a screening process and central switchboard, second only to the White House. IMHO.

As far as alternatives, if you look at the thread concerning Gearboxes, which I having issues with now, there is an independent mechanic who specializes in Maserati and Ferrari F1 gearboxes. I don't know if that would help you with day to day service.

My Maserati has been very reliable over the 13 years as I faithfully have it service each year. Right now it's in for fluid and filter changes which is about $2500 a pop! So it is expensive to own these cars. I have learned through the gearbox forum that I need to drive my Spyder more as they seem to do better when driven than sitting. I only have 22K miles on it and have run through 2 sets of tires from "flat spotting" them and batteries because I let the car sit too long. (That's on me - my faulty) I was working then and now retired, I can drive the Spyder more often, except when it's a 100' outside.

Hope this help, Lloyd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Lloyd. The dealer that I bought the GT from (in La Vegas, NV) told me to put the battery on a trickle charger if the car wasn't to be driven for a week or more. I've only had the car since March, 2017, so I've not had any battery problems (yet).

My Jag was my "crazy" car..until it got totaled back in December, 2016. My middle age crisis vehicles were a series of 3 Harleys...LOL.

I did use PP on NW highway for some Jaguar service. It was ok..so I'll probably go back to them for the Mase. Once. I've heard about a shop in Grapevine for normal service, so I'm sure I'll give them a try also.

Thanks for the reply.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts