Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each time I use the multimedia console to try and set the time on the clock it just beeps at me when I hit the centre button and the time reverts back to the original setting.

I don't have the multi media manual, but every other setting seems to work fine.

Am I just thick?!

·
Registered
250 Posts
The beeping is because you have the "Time Base" checked. Uncheck the "Time Base" and you'll be able to change the time manually. I had the same problem. I'm not sure if it's in the manual; however, I stumbled upon the fix while fiddling around.

On a related matter. My analog clock is 3 minutes too fast as compared to the digital clock. I was told that this was a common problem and the only fix was to install a new control system. Has anyone fiddle with this for an answer?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vincent.

I see that time base is checked but it is in light blue and I can't seem to select it with the dial. Is there a trick to doing this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I see that time base is checked but it is in light blue and I can't seem to select it with the dial. Is there a trick to doing this?
Are you outside or in a garage? The Time Base is connected to the GPS. I think the function is unavailable when there isn't a GPS line of sight connection.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you outside or in a garage? The Time Base is connected to the GPS. I think the function is unavailable when there isn't a GPS line of sight connection.
Outside, but the problem seems to be that I don't get any GPS signal at all! Position says 0' lat and long with NAV CD in or out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Outside, but the problem seems to be that I don't get any GPS signal at all! Position says 0' lat and long with NAV CD in or out.
Hmm... that's odd. I assume you gave it time to acquire a signal. Your clock problem is definately related to the Time Base / GPS. I was able to replicate your problem in my garage and fix it outside.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Vincent.

Any way to turn off the time base though and go with a manual setting?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I never paid attention to the digital display’s date and time ( only the analog clock, which I have to reset with every daylight savings nonsense we have here twice annually,..tomorrow is one of those times ). I just looked at my digital readout now and it does show the correct time, so I’m going to presume that the NIT for US market cars is programmed to automatically change ? Guess I’ll find out tomorrow morning :rolleyes: ;) , but thought I’d ask nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
No automatic reset , so had to use the menu to do it and no big deal, but it’s just a little surprising a 2103 ( US market ) car doesn’t have that feature where the GPS changes the hour to the correct one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts