Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My car is due for a service. I have a gran turismo which is 4 years old and past it's warranty period. I have made a conscious decision not to extend the warranty. The car has just under 50k km mileage.

Im looking to understand:
1. What service providers are available - al tayer, armotors, anything else?

2. ARMotors quoted 5,500 aed for service - this seems high. What do they actually do in a service. If it is only a check without changing parts - how do you justify this price. Surely break fluids don't cost an arm and a leg.

3. What would be your recommendation? Go to al tayer, independent? Is there anything materially different?

Many thanks
Ali

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
My car is due for a service. I have a gran turismo which is 4 years old and past it's warranty period. I have made a conscious decision not to extend the warranty. The car has just under 50k km mileage.

Im looking to understand:
1. What service providers are available - al tayer, armotors, anything else?

2. ARMotors quoted 5,500 aed for service - this seems high. What do they actually do in a service. If it is only a check without changing parts - how do you justify this price. Surely break fluids don't cost an arm and a leg.

3. What would be your recommendation? Go to al tayer, independent? Is there anything materially different?

Many thanks
Ali
Jumbo Garage in Sharjah industrial

Contact Rami: 0553250932

Service should cost you around 1000 - 1500 Dhs

All the best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Haboozin,

I got a 11 GranTurismo S MC few weeks back, if you plan to keep the car for long time and don't care stamps with fancy garages on your service book, I suggest you do your service by yourself or your friend's garage.

Just prepare the parts, the labour takes max 1 hour. Minor service which is oil change only, it will cost your around 600 dhs to 900 dhs depends on which oil you choose. The filter is around 250 dhs, engine requires 9L of motor oil (lets take 10L for safe), this will cost your around 450 dhs if you went for 5w40, and 600-800 dhs if you went for 10w60 (which I recommend).

For 2-year service, aux belt is around 150 dhs, transmission oil/fluid is 380 dhs (F1 transmission for me, not sure about the ATF), air filter is around 550 dhs (BMC performance filter is around 600 dhs), pollen filter is around 350, power steerling and break fluid combined around 150 dhs max. 1700 dhs parts along is not that bad for a 2-year service.

I did all the works mentioned above, the easy ones at home and hard ones in friend's garage, cost me only 1200 dhs for labour, including some extra work for the car like serpentine belt, both engine mounts and a leak near transmission fluid reservoir.

I like ARM a lot and I've been servicing my boxster there for a long time, great value and knowledgeable staffs. But for Maserati I don't see myself going there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had a call with them (Al-Tayer Motors service Center) and they told me between 2000 and 4500 AED (Minor/Major Service). I asked for changing of all brakes (just to get a feeling how much would it cost) and they told me around 8,000AED
It seams very reasonable for Maserati.

I think i should go in person and ask them for sure

Anyone here with experience in this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

I am kind of on the same boat, just boat a Quarttooporty 2014, although with a very low mileage I am pretty worried about the service and the regular maintenance

Anyone with decent experience can help ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks

Warranty is long gone, it expired back in 2016

That’s one of the things why I should find a good service place to keep car regularly and properly maintained to avoid serious issues that appears at once

1 - 10 of 10 Posts