Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to put my Coupe GT in for an annual service and was just wondering where people are taking their Masers for servicing in central London. Used to go to Meridien Modena but as it is now out of guarantee wanted somewhere a little closed to home. Any recommendations or places to avoid? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
431 Posts
servicing

I know an ex FM mechanic who can do BMC air filter, Denso Iridium spark plugs, coolant flush and OBD2 diagnostics for £900 inclusive with work done in front of your eyes. Receipt given. No waiting weeks at dealers or other surcharges. He is in West London or Midlands.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i use joe maccari in wansworth area no that they have opend a new service centre and so far has been excellent. sadly been in a few times for variuos issue with my QP but still under warranty so no idea of costs relative to other dealers.
stuart

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps. I have heard conflicting reports on HR Owen and did not really want to pay full dealer prices if I could avoid. Joe Maccari was on my list as is Verdi, was just wondering whether anyone knew of anything else. Will probably try Joe maccari and see how it goes.

Cheers

Carl

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the replies chaps. I have heard conflicting reports on HR Owen and did not really want to pay full dealer prices if I could avoid. Joe Maccari was on my list as is Verdi, was just wondering whether anyone knew of anything else. Will probably try Joe maccari and see how it goes.

Cheers

Carl
Right... for what is worth...

H R Owen - Forget it.

Joe Maccari - Serviced my GS there (to sort-out some warranty issues) and not 100% satisfied on the techie side TBH (then, I'm a bit anal with the car...) but overall customer service great (that's a thumbs-up) so first port of call now for warranty issues. Will be there to attend their Service Clinic, June 22 and watch the French GP in the process, BBQ + refreshments included.

Grimaldi Engineering - Not quite London but within reach; the guy has been given massive thumbs-up from loads of people in the Maser, Fezza and Lambo space, so that's a huge credit to him. His shop is round the corner from Eurospares. Will defo give him a go.

Giallo - Outskirts of London as well (bit closer then Grimaldi) and Mathew a great chap and on-the-money, but have seen some repos of sloppy work from one of his crew and that is worrying for an otherwise top-guy/top-service indie.

Emblem - Down in the Poole area (so far away, although a collection/return service is offered, think free of charge) but again, excellent feedback overall... again, seen 1 isolated repo of issues, but whether to take that too seriously/literally is open to question.

HTH.

Ed

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ed, that is very helpful. I have booked in with Joe Macari in just over a week's time and will see how they get on. It also helps that they have probably the fittest receptionist in South London, so far customer service seems very good! Am also booking in for the 22 June French GP session so may well get a chance to say hello.

Cheers

Carl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts