Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in for a scheduled maintenance (basic fluid change and some minor warranty stuff). The dealer calls me yesterday and asks if I have the radio code. I don't. He proceeds to tell me that they will need to charge me to obtain it. When I ask him why, he says that they needed to disconnect the battery as part of the service work they're doing. The radio of course was working fine when I took the car to them. Seems rather inappropriate that I am being asked to pay for something that wasn't a problem and I don't need at this point. This is on top of the regular charge for the 18,000 mile service ($1350), and a charge for a kiss adjustment and F1 fluid change even though my clutch and F1 control unit were replaced under warranty (albeit by a different dealer) less than 3500 miles ago. I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you have the auditorium 200 you dont need a code ( makes me wonder how much they know ) and the battery can be isolated by its isolation switch on the right hand side in the boot behind the battery cover , to cover most servicing unless they gotta take the battery out that is ,

Seems they know a lot about pricing though

Be careful

Regards loz

·
Registered
112 Posts
My car is in for a scheduled maintenance (basic fluid change and some minor warranty stuff). The dealer calls me yesterday and asks if I have the radio code. I don't. He proceeds to tell me that they will need to charge me to obtain it. When I ask him why, he says that they needed to disconnect the battery as part of the service work they're doing. The radio of course was working fine when I took the car to them. Seems rather inappropriate that I am being asked to pay for something that wasn't a problem and I don't need at this point. This is on top of the regular charge for the 18,000 mile service ($1350), and a charge for a kiss adjustment and F1 fluid change even though my clutch and F1 control unit were replaced under warranty (albeit by a different dealer) less than 3500 miles ago. I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Did they ask you if you had any tools? Because they are going to need tools to work on your car.. How lame.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ah sorry just realised that we are talking quattraporte dont know whether its the same i do apologise

Regards loz

·
Registered
513 Posts
Unbeleivable!

i wonder if MNA would feel the same if all of our Dealer issues were forwarded to Consumer Reports. I am just making an somewhat uneducated guess here, but it seems like many dealers are still stuck in the day and age where they serviced mostly Ferraris whose typical owner has loads of cash and pay whatever it cost to maintain the vehicle, without questioning things.

Seeing as Maserati has successfully gotten into the popular 100k market to compete with MBZ/BMW/Jag/Lexus, it seems as they should reconsider things like sticking customer with a radio code....failure to do so, I feel is going to doom them no matter how beautiful, fast, or well reviewed their new vehicles are.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You should have your radio code. You're going to need it sooner or later. It should have come with the books and records for the car. You can pay for it now or pay for it later. I doubt it will cost much but it does take time for the dealer to get it if it's been lost. I'm impressed that they took time to call you before the fact to look into the matter. The alternative might have been to return the car after service with a dead radio.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got charged $85 for the emeg. car code start

Bought my used coupe from a dealer, when I looked in the manual it stated that I need a car code for the emerg. start should it ever occur; you would think that flicking on a computer and getting the code( I had to prove my registartion,License, etc) they could pull it up in one minute; they say it went to Italy, $85.............the same dealer told me the other key did not work and I should reorder one, $$$$$$, go to dealer in Atlanta and they JUST RESET THE EXTRA KEY, works fine, QUIET SAD that ther is NO quality control in a high end product like this, all idiots I am sorry to say, like me being in medicine, I always tell folks to question your family doctors, etc, someone graduated last in his or her class..........dogdoc

·
Registered
340 Posts
I started a thread on the QP radio code earlier. You can get the code online (in real time) for about $10 if you have the serial and model numbers. Doesn't help you though if the car is at the dealership.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback. I have to say that I am just a bit disappointed with the dealer thus far (and this is one that came well recommended), but we'll see how they do with the service. I've ordered a new key as well (since I only had one, and it looks like its been run over a few times!), so now I should have two keys and all the codes, even if I have to pay for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts