Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the site: http://www.maseratitechinfo.com/ was listed as a site to download pdf files for service manuals etc. (for a fee of course!) My question is, are these worth it? I ask because it isn't clear what is covered. Below is how they describe it:

"Welcome to the Maserati Techinfo Bookstore

This website allows you to purchase a subscription to a PDF viewing library and diagnostic information of the factory authorized service and parts used by Maserati dealers.

This website provides emission related service procedures and emission related parts information. Limited miscellaneous non-emission related information is also available."

It sounds as if emissions is well covered, but what about other repairs, e.g. just replacing air filter, spark plug gaps, etc.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
worth it...

i do all my own work so I paid the hundred and downloaded all the service manuals, updates, parts manuals, etc. The service manual even shows u how to remove the engine from the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i do all my own work so I paid the hundred and downloaded all the service manuals, updates, parts manuals, etc. The service manual even shows u how to remove the engine from the car.
I justed checked out the Maserati site and it has a 1 day option for $100 -- but it talks about viewing and printing only. I assume from your comments that it also allows you to download it -- but would like to confirm before purchasing. I don't plan to do a lot of maintenance myself, but I'm going to try to tackle replacing the A/C control unit and want to find out how to remove the panel on the center console.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I justed checked out the Maserati site and it has a 1 day option for $100 -- but it talks about viewing and printing only. I assume from your comments that it also allows you to download it -- but would like to confirm before purchasing. I don't plan to do a lot of maintenance myself, but I'm going to try to tackle replacing the A/C control unit and want to find out how to remove the panel on the center console.
Hey dude...

PM me... I may be able to "answer" your questions :]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume from your comments that it also allows you to download it -- but would like to confirm before purchasing. I don't plan to do a lot of maintenance myself, but I'm going to try to tackle replacing the A/C control unit and want to find out how to remove the panel on the center console.

I purchased the one day subscription and downloaded all available materials for QP. They are all PDF files. The shop manual was over 700 pages with lots of pictures. Unfortunately I too wanted to remove my center console to access radio (wanted to try an iPod harness). Unless I missed it, that wasn't covered! It is very interesting reading about the campaigns and what was being fixed for what vehicle numbers under warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased the one day subscription and downloaded all available materials for QP. They are all PDF files. The shop manual was over 700 pages with lots of pictures. Unfortunately I too wanted to remove my center console to access radio (wanted to try an iPod harness). Unless I missed it, that wasn't covered! It is very interesting reading about the campaigns and what was being fixed for what vehicle numbers under warranty.
That's my typical luck -- buy a huge manual and it covers everything but the one thing I need. I think I will still get the manual though -- sounds like has great reference info. Hoping MaseratiBoy can show me the way on console removal.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Real deal

Is there any one out there e.g. disgruntled employee (just joking! :D) who has the real manual for QP, not the dumbed down one you can buy off the Maserati site? I know there is a lot you can't do with out the SD3, but still there is alot more than is covered in the pdf file from Maserati.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have found that the site manual covers about 0% of the things a home mechanic actually wants to do with their car!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly!

I have found that the site manual covers about 0% of the things a home mechanic actually wants to do with their car!
As an example, I wanted to remove center console to access head unit. Fortunately someone with intimate knowledge from shop manual provided instruction. So again, I ask, no beg ......

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
As an example, I wanted to remove center console to access head unit. Fortunately someone with intimate knowledge from shop manual provided instruction. So again, I ask, no beg ......
Eurospares UK is a great reference for things like removing center consoles (shows exploded views of parts and where bolts go)

www.eurospares.co.uk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts