Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! I just got a 2014 Quattroporte QS4 (awd) and the traction and abs lights came on. I scanned the computer and it came up with "U0102-00 Lost communication with Transfer Case Control Module". The car drives fine but on the dash it is showing RWD 100% of the time instead of showing the split front and rear. I am assuming the control module is bad and would like to replace it. I got a used one from a car with working awd.

Does anyone have the service/shop manual for these cars? I am having a hard time finding one so I can find the general replacement procedure and torque specs.

Thanks a lot in advanced. Cannot wait to get her back on the road and start driving her!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A used unit will not work as the VIN# is burned into the module...You'll have a VIN mismatch and it will set a fault...Jason
So would the process be to install a new module and then bring it to Maserati to burn the vin in? Any chance if you know what chip the vin is burned into? Maybe I can desolder that chip and solder it into the working unit? Thanks for the help!

7,618 Posts
No, you can't use a used one as the VIN# is burned into that one and can't be over written...They like to pull this BS on some makes of later cars..I have no idea about the chip...Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, you can't use a used one as the VIN# is burned into that one and can't be over written...They like to pull this BS on some makes of later cars..I have no idea about the chip...Jason
Correct but I can buy a new one and isntall. Thanks for the info. This was helpful. Saved me from wasting my time on installing the used part haha.

7,618 Posts
Let me give you some friendly advice..I would drop the car off the dealer, let them diagnosis it and just pay to have it fixed with a warranty..You are gonna go buy one and install it and most likely they are not gonna like that...They are liable to make things difficult for you...They'll install it and say that didn't fix it...Since you diagnosed that is gonna be on you...I know how the dealer operates...Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me give you some friendly advice..I would drop the car off the dealer, let them diagnosis it and just pay to have it fixed with a warranty..You are gonna go buy one and install it and most likely they are not gonna like that...They are liable to make things difficult for you...They'll install it and say that didn't fix it...Since you diagnosed that is gonna be on you...I know how the dealer operates...Jason
Thanks for the advice Jason! Much appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts