Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very interested also, if anyone knows...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Same here guys, just bought an 04 Coupe, live in CLT, love to see who's out there for reg local service options -

·
Registered
233 Posts
So what you are all saying is, once we find out we should all get together...lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live up here at Lake Norman. I think you're on to something!! I know the owner of GMP who is trying to put something together but we'd still be his test dummies which I'm not sure I'm up for. There has to be someone around here who has done some work on these cars. I've got a feeling I'm going to need a new clutch within the next 1000-2000 miles. Foreign cars seems very pricey for this type of work. They want $4,000.00...I've heard great things but at the same time I'm trying my best to save some cash during these rough economic times.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Excellent, I'm about 2 hours North of there, I will check them out for sure. Do they have a number or website? I will be doing most of my work, for mods and etc, since I AM a mechanic, lol. But for the scheduled services and/or coolant flushes etc I would like to have an independent "guy".

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey...

Dude's number is:

Contact Autohaus Inc Sales & Service
Phone: (843) 293-5551

I think I have the only Maserati in Myrtle Beach so please if you can tell him that Gene-Ho sent you.

Reason being - is that on some things - I think buys them in bulk and passes on the savings.

I know he did that on my oil filter.

But we both might get a better cost if he buys parts knowing that either I or you can use them.

The guy works on imports and I know when he was working on my Mas that his rates were very reasonable.

Gene (www.geneho.com)

·
Registered
211 Posts
NC drive?

what say you guys we get together for a drive? I'm in charlotte.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am down for driving around. Hey Gene, I will give him a call, anything to help us owners out. Well, better get to work before I end up being late.
Jon

·
Registered
233 Posts
I totally would this friday, but I am leaving for a ski trip in Virginia this weekend. Now next weekend, that would be do-able. Let me know, let's get a few more people involved.

·
Registered
211 Posts
next weekend would be great for me as well! Anyone else up for a drive?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Independent Shop!!!

Well, there is a very good shop in Sumter, S.C. which is about 2 hours south of Charlotte. The website is www.turnersgarageandtransmission.com. The owner is Wendell Turner and the service writer I use is Kerry Filyaw. There number is 803-775-3225. I have used Wendell for 20 years with Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes', and my Coupe'. He has installed FD's air filter, springs, DBW, and ECU with excellent work and a good price. I do put my Coupe' on the track at Carolina Motor Sports Park and Wendell has checked the car out and corner weighted it for me and I had no problems--probably due to him racing a few years back! He is also an installer listed on Formula Dynamics website for I asked Jeff to add him. Oh, and he can change the oil and filters also.

Oh, and I do have a condo at Litchfield Beach and I was down there last weekend so there is another Maserati near Myrtle Beach (at least some of the time!)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nc shop and drive

thanks for the info on the guy in sumter. I'll call him in the near future to discuss some work.

The drive would be nice but I'm going to be taking the car in tomorrow for some body work. I'm adding the Gransport look, bumpers and side skirts. It will be a couple weeks before I get it back. I'm thinking some time after the 10th of december I'll be up for a drive.

How about then?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, whenever we decide to meet up I am ready. Hey Justin, where did you get the gransport kit by the way? Also, know any place with some gransport wheels?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually searched a nationwide craigslist search, ebay, and italian junkyards to locate all the pieces. I couldn't find the side skirts or front grill so I had to buy those new. I bought 3 gransport rims and need just one more rear one!! Really it just took some time searching for everything. Good luck!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I actually searched a nationwide craigslist search, ebay, and italian junkyards to locate all the pieces. I couldn't find the side skirts or front grill so I had to buy those new. I bought 3 gransport rims and need just one more rear one!! Really it just took some time searching for everything. Good luck!
Here ya go for the last rim... http://www.wheelcollision.com/maserati1.htm

·
Registered
211 Posts
thanks for the info on the guy in sumter. I'll call him in the near future to discuss some work.

The drive would be nice but I'm going to be taking the car in tomorrow for some body work. I'm adding the Gransport look, bumpers and side skirts. It will be a couple weeks before I get it back. I'm thinking some time after the 10th of december I'll be up for a drive.

How about then?
After the 10th it is then.. How about Saturday the 13th?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My mom's family used to grow Tobacco not far from you many years ago.. Lake City, S.C... My great grandfather had feed and seeds stores there as well. Someday I am going to head down your way to check it out!

Well, there is a very good shop in Sumter, S.C. which is about 2 hours south of Charlotte. The website is www.turnersgarageandtransmission.com. The owner is Wendell Turner and the service writer I use is Kerry Filyaw. There number is 803-775-3225. I have used Wendell for 20 years with Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes', and my Coupe'. He has installed FD's air filter, springs, DBW, and ECU with excellent work and a good price. I do put my Coupe' on the track at Carolina Motor Sports Park and Wendell has checked the car out and corner weighted it for me and I had no problems--probably due to him racing a few years back! He is also an installer listed on Formula Dynamics website for I asked Jeff to add him. Oh, and he can change the oil and filters also.

Oh, and I do have a condo at Litchfield Beach and I was down there last weekend so there is another Maserati near Myrtle Beach (at least some of the time!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.