Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 2004 Spyder GT (6speed manual 3 pedal). Has 36,656 miles on it. All the sticky buttons, vents, steering column have been cured by Lorenzo. I had the elastic straps redone by Lorenzo so the top functions as new. I have larini sorts decats I stalked with a larini x-pipe. Car had the gaskets, clutch plate and all fluids replaced. Spyder has brand new Michellen pilot tires. Asking $21000

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where is the car? Always thought I’d like a stick even tho it’s slower. It’s the experience. How’s the interior?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is on hold for a buyer from Michigan. Should be sold on December 3rd. The car is in Myrtle Beach. If the deal doesn’t work out I’ll let everyone know. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is available again. The buyer from Michigan changed his mind and didn’t even come look at car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have decided to try and find a 3 pedal spyder to replace my 911 cabriolet that I have just sold. Is yours still available?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, it sold about a year ago. I miss having it everyday. I replaced it with a qp gts (is almost as fun) but I do miss rowing through the gears

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, I will keep looking
Keep looking, it will be worth the wait. I looked for 2 years for my 03 spyder gt and finally found a low mile car with very strong mechanicals in Nero D.S. 1250 with tan interior. The CC cars are hoot to drive, but the 3 pedal cars are more engaging not to mention cheaper to fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep looking, it will be worth the wait. I looked for 2 years for my 03 spyder gt and finally found a low mile car with very strong mechanicals in Nero D.S. 1250 with tan interior. The CC cars are hoot to drive, but the 3 pedal cars are more engaging not to mention cheaper to fix.
Thanks for your encouragement, if you have any suggestions of locations you looked to find your car I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My advice on purchasing one of these is;
#1. Read as many posts on Maseratilife about 4200's as you can. Be sure that this is the car for you. They are different.
#2. Decide what your priorities are concerning colors, options, condition etc.
#3. Decide what you are willing to pay. These are so rare that a market value really doesn't exist, in the last 6mo. I've seen $10k-45k. Obviously buy the best you can find/ afford. Get a PPI.
#4. Understand that the purchase price is small compared to maintaining it. A budget of $1.00-1.50/ mile is not unrealistic.
#5. Find a good local independent mechanic. Mas. dealers can't service these, and many Ferrari dealers are reluctant. Don't buy the car and then try to find someone to fix it.
#6. Have $ in hand so that when the car comes up, you are ready to buy.
#7. IMO, at this point most of these cars are in the hands of people who really want them. Like myself, they determined which was best for them and waited to buy. We love these things and are reluctant to sell, so the few that are out there are being held onto.
#8. Search Craigslist, Autotrader, Ebay, Bring-A-Trailer, etc. Do it often as they sell quickly when they do come up.
#9. Be prepared to enjoy the last clutch pedal, short wheelbase, two door, two seat spyder that Maserati may ever build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2003, almost 34,000 miles. Owned 3years. Always garaged, driven once every two weeks only at night with no traffic. Recent major service including brake bleed. High performance filter recently cleaned and oiled. Heater core bypass done, no electrical issues. Sticky vents fixed.
Red exterior, tan interior.

Items I'm addressing, that would need to be fixed. Sticky buttons, small rock chips. Top needs new elastic and cover, but the mechanism is flawless. Needs new tires.

I'm debating selling it as is, or spending to fix everything and keeping it longer. Will trade possibly as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts