Maserati Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Btw not sure if anyone has tried something like a “pedal commander” device on these cars. DBW is just modifying the throttle position signal (however it does seem to have a additional RPM input variable).
The module has 7 connections. +12V, GDN, 4x throttle input/output and also RPM as you say - presumably required to allow faster shifting regardless of speed.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ran across a YouTube channel that features wrenching on the Italian ladies. They sometimes have a master tech on there who offers ECU upgrades amongst other things. I had reached out to him and hade told me it involved some unsoldering and re-soldering. I never pulled the trigger. Below is his website.

·
Super Moderator
5,456 Posts
The module has 7 connections. +12V, GDN, 4x throttle input/output and also RPM as you say - presumably required to allow faster shifting regardless of speed.
I spoofs the RPM and throttle opening to the TCU to engage the faster shifts. Pedal commander is just a hard right foot

C

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don’t believe it spoof the rpm. That’s a input only.
Agreed. RPM is one of the shared inputs on the FD harness for both DBW & ECU modules.
As an aside, I've been playing about with the signal to see if it can be used for an exhaust valve control system. Only recently started so fingers crossed - if it works it should be "slightly" more economic than the Larini unit.

·
Super Moderator
5,456 Posts
I don’t believe it spoof the rpm. That’s a input only.
Agreed. RPM is one of the shared inputs on the FD harness for both DBW & ECU modules.
As an aside, I've been playing about with the signal to see if it can be used for an exhaust valve control system. Only recently started so fingers crossed - if it works it should be "slightly" more economic than the Larini unit.
Not sure how it persuades the TCU to use the faster shifts then? My recollection is that it's dependent on throttle pedal position and RPM. Happy to be edumacated :)

C

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess it depends on the definition of spoofing. The pedal pot. data stream is continuously manipulated whereas RPM is purely signal detection. Afterwhich the module applies one of two binary settings.

At least I think this is what is happening. If the module doesn't detect an rpm signal the system reverts to limp mode. Which I discovered when the FD harness switch fell apart! Luckily I had a bobby pin to hand...

Military uniform Cap Security Sleeve Gesture

21 - 29 of 29 Posts