Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying floor mats for a Coupe with tan interior and black base carpet. I am looking at "Ultimat" mats that come in 68 colors. Based upon the interior, I would like to get a dark tan like their Chestnut (#715) color. But with black base carpet, I'm concerned that any contrasting color (like dark tan) will look strange. The other thought is to use a very dark gray (Anthracite #112), which might look ok against black. Has anybody used contrasting color mats against black base carpet? A picture is below (the exterior of the car is Rosso Mondial), I'm very open to opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2003 coupe GT, same color Rosso Mondial. The interior is black with red stitching black carpets. I have red foor mats. Works with my car,with yours I think the tan mats would look great!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
why not just go with black?
adding a tan in a different hue is not very esthetic, especially when the existing carpeting in the comparment is black....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not just go with black?
adding a tan in a different hue is not very esthetic, especially when the existing carpeting in the comparment is black....
The black is darker than I prefer, so I wanted to try something lighter but I share your same concern about it not working with black underneath and that's why I posted the question -- hoping to see pics where contrasting carpets worked. I just spent some time looking at all coupes on eBay to see if I could find any pics of contrasting mats, and there were none. I also noticed that the driver side mat looks short (I currently don't have any mats), so that also makes me think contrasting won't work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2003 coupe GT, same color Rosso Mondial. The interior is black with red stitching black carpets. I have red foor mats. Works with my car,with yours I think the tan mats would look great!
Ron -- thanks for feedback -- would love to see pics if you have them

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally picked Ultimat because of their broad color selection, but If I go with black then any manufacturer will work. Is there a preferred brand of mat to go with (I'm more interested in quality than price)? I called one dealer, and they didn't have factory mats but said they ordered them through a third party supplier. I searched this forum and couldn't find much info about floor mat suppliers.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The black is darker than I prefer, so I wanted to try something lighter but I share your same concern about it not working with black underneath and that's why I posted the question -- hoping to see pics where contrasting carpets worked. I just spent some time looking at all coupes on eBay to see if I could find any pics of contrasting mats, and there were none. I also noticed that the driver side mat looks short (I currently don't have any mats), so that also makes me think contrasting won't work.
perhaps just photoshopping that mat's color into your pic can help you visualize the contrasting carpet...

there were probably none, because, it is not esthetic.
contrasting piping, yes. but contrasting mat, or even wrong shade of carpet over the footwell carpet is not good looking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks M! -- I think you are absolutely correct. Much as I don't really like black, I agree that it is the only color that works for this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts