Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spoken a bit with Jeff from Formula Dynamics about the x-pipe from Larini... I currently have Tubi boxes on the rear exhaust, but wondering if the x-pipe adds much. Also, need to make sure it doesn't push the noise level too high.

Has anyone had experience adding the x-pipe to their stock exhaust, or adding to any other exhaust, and gauging the difference in performance and noise the the x-pipes themselves make when adding (by themselves) to the system?

Thank you,

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Larini X + Tubi boxes.

...Jeff's link is dead-on! After 6 months, I LOVE this mod. as much as anything I've done,: excepting the springs. And, after adding the X-pipe and Tubi boxes, the HP dynos at 412! No chip or other mods. except BMC air filter and Denso Iridium plugs... It is loud (peolple look) but God, I do love it so!!:D

·
5,887 Posts
after adding the X-pipe and Tubi boxes, the HP dynos at 412!
Wow!!!! Can you post the printout? The car should dyno around the low to mid-300s. If you are getting dyno readings at 412, either they dyno is off or you have a very well modified engine.

Could anyone here tell me what the net result is if you got the X pipes ONLY and not the whole muffler?
Most agree mufflers are the way to go if you only want to change one thing. Here is a great recap of options from Jeff...

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38451&postcount=6

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wow!!!! Can you post the printout? The car should dyno around the low to mid-300s. If you are getting dyno readings at 412, either they dyno is off or you have a very well modified engine.
The 412 number sounds about right if it is drive train loss corrected (e.g. dyno result at the rear wheels plus 15% to estimate an equivilant crank HP).

Assuming that the manufacturers advertising can be believed, the Tubi exhaust and the X Pipe together should add about 20 HP to the stock 390 (measured at the crank). This would equate to about 350 HP measured at the rear wheels (assuming a 15% drivetrain loss).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Larini X pipe only.

Hi, i just put on the X pipe only on my QP and i have to say, its quite a big differance. there is a lot more resonance and you get a howling F1 sound from 3 to 4 k rpm, the raspy Ferrari 360 sound and sharp backfires only happen when your apply some load on the throttle, if not, its just louder and lower. I like it, was not expecting this much more volume but it really sounds nice when your going for it.

:)

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
xxxpres, Glad to hear it worked out for you. Let me know about those Ferrari meets!

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts