Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

There is an one-owner GS located in CAL which I'm very interested in. I have obtained the all the service records from the seller. It's not a very short list since she's got almost 24k in mileage. I'm wondering if some of you could take a look at the records and give me some inputs. If anyone would, I will post the service records or PM/email. Thanks in advance!

I'm also waiting on additional photos of the chassis to arrive anytime today.

Eric

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Cretio.

Make SURE she has done the 18.5k service. Actually, especially for a car in a hot+polluted area like Cali, make syre all the services have been up to date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make SURE she has done the 18.5k service. Actually, especially for a car in a hot+polluted area like Cali, make syre all the services have been up to date.
MaseratiBoy - Thanks! Yes. She had the 18k service done with The Auto Gallery at 21.3k (dated Oct 2006) with a new clutch.

One thing sort of concerns me is that - she had right front wheel bent and tire bubble due to hitting a large pot hole. The wheel and tire were replaced in Oct 2005. I'm hoping no frame damage in that incident. The one-owner was a lady driver and always serviced with The Auto Gallery.

List of services done: (R&R = Repaired and Reassembled)

March 05
- left & right hand front upper levers R&R or replaced
- left & right hand rear lower levers R&R or replaced
- RT exhaust manifold replaced

April 05
- immobilizer control unit R&R or replaced
- starter motor replay R&R or replaced
- glass lift + Dev. button Ass. (valid for F1) R&R or replaced
- starter switch from panel R&R or replaced
- adjustment of alarm sensitivity

May 05
- temperature sensors R&R or replaced (May 2005 at 2.1k)
- check and clean connections of ECU, and applied stabilant
- trunk lock R&R or replaced
- right hand door bowden cable R&R
- right hand fog light, head light and turn signal R&R or replaced
- passenger side door latches R&R or replaced

Aug 05 (6k service)
- right hand glass lift complete mechanism R&R or replaced

Oct 05
- left hand complete fuel pump replaced
- left side valve cover gasket replaced
- right hand door (passenger) lock adjustment
- complete fuel door electro-actuator R&R or replaced
- dash drawer switches R&R
- wheel and tire replaced

Feb 06 (12k service)
- complete thermostat with cover R&R or replaced
- re-program ECU, reset adaptive values, perform self learn on throttles
- temperature sensor R&R or replaced (Feb 2006 at 12.1k)
- F1 system control unit R&R or replaced
- temperature sensor R&R or replaced (Apr 2006 at 14.4k)

Apr 06
- TCU R&R, found corrosion in connector, cleaned terminals and applied stabilant
- F1 system control unit R&R
- temperature sensors R&R or replaced
- passenger (R.H.) door glass lifting mechanism R&R or replaced

Oct 06 (18k service)
- new clutch

She is... kinda bitchy, ain't she? :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, MaseratiBoy!

I live in Cali...

If you would like, I can probably go check the car out... look for dents, scratches, etc.
Thank you for the generous offer. I really appreciate it, but I'm afraid to trouble you for such a huge favor. I believe the vehicle is currently located in San Luis Obispo, which is about 200 miles north from LA. :D

From the service records, the only thing missing is the F1 pump replacement. I'm aware and ready to take a hit. Besides that, I'll probably have take her to the local FM dealership to get her temperature sensors and the window lifting mechanism checked out. Not sure why these issues were fixed each time and resurfaced after a few months. :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ppi

any word of advice or recommendation on getting a full PPI with compression test in San Luis Obispo, CA? My plan is to pick her up and drive it back to Chicago. Any thoughts on making such a long trip?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like a lot was replaced. Is this normal with the GS?

I have seen pics of the car of interest. It's been on the lot a long, long time. The two tone interior, turquois on dark blue is attractive but not for everyone. I would really work the price down. Another thread on this site suggested that GSs were trading in the low 50s Good luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seems like a lot was replaced. Is this normal with the GS?

I have seen pics of the car of interest. It's been on the lot a long, long time. The two tone interior, turquois on dark blue is attractive but not for everyone. I would really work the price down. Another thread on this site suggested that GSs were trading in the low 50s Good luck!
I think if he was shooting for the "tough to move" category, he would be looking at the red one with the tan/(blue)gray two-tone. LOL! At least the interior on the one he likes works well with the exterior. The blues looks sporty. The other car's color scheme just looks disjointed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
One thing sort of concerns me is that - she had right front wheel bent and tire bubble due to hitting a large pot hole. The wheel and tire were replaced in Oct 2005. I'm hoping no frame damage in that incident.
For the pothole hit - I would double check the steering rack for right side leaks and/or bent rod including tears in the (rod) rubber boot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys for all the valuable inputs. Somehow I really liked the GS in blue. Perhaps it's the blue MCV when I first lay my eyes on a GS. Though I'm open to other options as well, such as nero/nero. :D

Honestly, I've been following this blue gs since the prior private seller. But I failed to follow up and it ended up on the lot. Speaking of which, I should give those guys a call tomorrow and see if it's still available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts