Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a weird event recently where both of the seats and the outside mirrors in my 2003 Coupe CC would no longer respond to the controls. I found out that there is a technique for literally "rebooting" and recalibrating the electronics for this that doesn't require a trip to the shop. If anyone encounters this (apparently it is somewhat common) let me know! Very cool of the dealer to talk me through it versus a service trip. Let me also throw some big props to the service team at Algar outside Philly. First class and very competent in all my dealings thus far.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Disconnect wiring harnesses underneath the seat(s). Two under driver's seat, one under passenger seat (the extra is for the power mirrors, I think).

2. Leave these disconnected for 2-4 hours. The computer will reset the settings in this time.

3. Reconnect the harnesses.

4. Close the door(s).

5. Open the driver's side door and QUICKLY (must all be completed within 5 seconds) click the fore/aft adjuster forward-backward-forward-backward (just click - you don't need to move the seat much at all), then release the seat back and tilt it all the way forward. The seat will then go through a calibration cycle sliding all the way forward and back twice.

6. Repeat on the passenger's side seat.

- Rick

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "Cheat Code" for the Coupe is slightly different. If you press X-Y-X-Y, left trigger, right trigger, A-B-B-A, you unleash:

1) Full power (525 HP)
2) Instant launch (no CC slippage)
3) Super handling (automatically lowers the car 20mm)
4) Stealth mode (the paint becomes fully radar and laser absorbent)
5) Sonic Blaster (the audio system becomes fully operational at 800W)
6) Perpetual Fuel (100+ MPG even when running wide open)
7) Two-Way Power (you can actually go *backwards* up a hill)
8) Armadillo Grip (tires never flat so there's no need for a silly spare)
9) Eye-In-The-Sky Guidance (top secret nav mode that actually shows street names)
10) Bottomless Storage (hidden storage compartments are suddenly revealed, including four cup holders)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Also unlimited lives.

--

Sounds stupid but I just learned today that this car has a lumbar adjustment. If you pull that seat-back adjuster up or push it down it inflates or deflates an air bladder in the seat back. I had no idea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anyone found that the drivers seat sometimes falls "asleep" and does'nt return to the original position when the seat is tilted forward to admit a rear passenger? I had the system reset as described in this string of messages, but there's no telling where the damn seat will wind up after it moves forward...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nevinsimon said:
Has anyone found that the drivers seat sometimes falls "asleep" and does'nt return to the original position when the seat is tilted forward to admit a rear passenger? I had the system reset as described in this string of messages, but there's no telling where the damn seat will wind up after it moves forward...
My passenger seat does this too. Some days they work, other days they don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts