Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 04 Coupe Cambiocorsa that came with, you guessed it, one key and no code card.

Decided I would go the legit way and went to the dealer (Rairdon in Kirkland) and ordered a second key using my VIN. Key came and didn’t fit. Apparently Maserati’s records aren’t all that great, and the car must have been re keyed at some point. Maserati lost the records.

Read through lots of old posts here and am considering dialing locksmiths until I find one willing to tackle this.

Anyone in the greater Seattle area have any leads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I’ve bought two used Maseratis both had only one key. The only time to deal with this is at the time of purchase. In both cases I said, two keys or no deal. In both cases I got two keys. Sorry but you’re looking at +/- $500 if you want a proper second key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve bought two used Maseratis both had only one key. The only time to deal with this is at the time of purchase. In both cases I said, two keys or no deal. In both cases I got two keys. Sorry but you’re looking at +/- $500 if you want a proper second key.

Ah, but that’s the problem. Maserati sent the second key and it’s not correct. They have no record of what’s correct , so it’s off to the aftermarket I go, as the only option they presented was to get a complete lockout kit for over $3k with labor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, but that’s the problem. Maserati sent the second key and it’s not correct. They have no record of what’s correct , so it’s off to the aftermarket I go, as the only option they presented was to get a complete lockout kit for over $3k with labor.

Resolved! Maserati found that the previous owner had purchased a complete lockout and lock changing kit, and that’s what they kept in their records as correct for my car. Apparently the new kit was never installed.
So now I get to buy a lockout kit. Hats off to the dealer for working through this and for giving me the parts at cost to make up for all of the trouble and time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts