Maserati Forum banner

Seat leather shrinking?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Drosellini 
#1 ·
Hi

anybody have an idea what would cause this? Shrinking leather due to heat? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
If you removed the that black control housing (not recommended) you would see a solid continuation of the leather with small slots cut into it for wiring and fasteners. I'd say that protruding bump unusual.

This is where filling out your signature is important. If we knew the year and model of your GT you might get more replies.

#11 ·
I never thought of that, in spite of the fact that I also had a shop stretch the leather to repair a spot, and although it was not on the bolster, it was also a Mercedes !! MBZs must be known for their “flexible“ leather :rolleyes:. Although I don’t recall subsequently seeing any spots on the seat where there were obvious signs the leather was stretched. Or maybe I just didn’t look closely enough .

#14 ·
Use a leather conditioner, it will moisturize the leather and get back to life...leather is a natural product and needs to be conditioned at least once a year otherwise your leather will dry out and eventually start cracking!
Hope this helps!!!
I'm in the Furniture industry that's why I know this.
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.