Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have just joined after finding out this site a few days ago. I am impressed. Congratulations to all who contribute. I am in Uk (if anyone is up for a meet then give me a shout).

My drivers seat has stopped working (passenger seat is ok). Do I need to check the 30A fuse underneath the passenger footwell(my car is euro RHD)?
I tried to reset it by opening door/5 sec up/down etc. but no joy.

mirrors work fine-although the drivers mirror does not retract from before the seat problem. Are the seats run off a single fuse or one fuse for each seat? Do I need to disconnect seat harness for a few hours and then use reset procedure?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
773 Posts
hot seat

fuse is problem child. since i did not fix i cannot tell what fuse. for a meet, i think that would be fun, what motorway/interstate would i take? could we meet halfway?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seat help

Hi Bundas
How are you? Thank you for the response. I will look into the seat tomorrow (Bank Holiday). I am in Birmingam/London area. It would be great if a few more people get together soon. I did similar meets with Porsche and BMW 8 series owners. Its great. We met at Warwick castle followed by a quick motorway drive into Birmingham, followed by drinks and bowling, followed by curry and then drinks. 23 8 series owners turned up and was great fun. I'll put up a meet post soon.
will keep you posted about seat.

ttfn

·
Registered
2 Posts
driver seat help

There are two things to do first reset the electronics in the trunk by the battery. If this does not work you may need a new EMC for your drivers seat. I had to have mine replaced under warrenty. Check you seat control panel when the dealer replaces the EMC. The dealer broker the fasterners on my and then had to order a new panel.

Darwin

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
further on seats

Hi.
I took the panel under the footwell off to expose the fuses. From manual there are individual fuses 30A for each seat. The non functioning one had a 25A fuse which was blown. The fuses on the maserati aare indeed blade type but a totally different size to standard blade fuses I have seen. I removed a similar 30A fuse (from High Beam) and tried it. Seat electrics worked but fuse blown.

Maybe that I was putting to much power since I had both doors open, and sitting in drivers seat and tried to do seat initialising procedure with key in ignition.
Maybe I did not need to do seat initialisation procedure (UP/down/back/forth etc..). In any case fuse should not have blown and why was there a 25A fuse there initially?

What is EMC and where exactly is it located and more importantly how much is it? How do I reset the electronics in the rear trunk battery compartment?

Do these cars have spare fuses? or perhaps a fuse removal tool? I couldnt find any.
I will go to dealer and get some fuses tomorrow. Weather has been lousy this Bank Holiday Monday in UK. Rain every 10 mins. I am seriously considering moving to California!
thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WhaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTT!!!

You can use a guy like me. I have 4 science degrees (from Ivy league universities),speak several languages fluently including spanish. I love cars and I love American women!!!LET ME IN!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing