Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at other threads about this and they are for different models. I have a 2013 GrandTurismo.

Not sure how but the plastic post at the rear underside of the control cover broke, and now it's sagging in the back, and only hanging on by the front post.

I tried prying a little with a screwdriver on the front post but didn't want to break anything or put another hole in the leather. It didn't seem to want to come off. Anybody know how that thing comes off?

I'm guessing since the plastic post is broken I need to buy a new cover. Suggestions on where I can find that? Not sure I can glue the old post back together or not.

I'm also jazzed, had the car a little over two years and have an appt this week with local mechanic to do all fluids except transmission. It was quite an ordeal searching various threads and figuring out which fluids to buy. Took hours to figure it out. I have a whole list if anyone needs it.

Attachments

8,211 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
#15 Jason
Don't think new pins are going to help the OP a great deal unfortunately. Once the lower fixing tabs break these covers don't stay put for long. I've a spare set of Spyder seats which I refurb'd and it was the same story - looks like the OP has at least one broken tab here and they don't glue well.

Maybe one of the breakers has a replacement cover in good condition.

· Registered
Gran Turismo Sport 2014
75 Posts
Been there done that, tried gluing post but that never worked. In the end bought new cover from Eurospares with the tabs separately. Fiddly job, be careful with surrounding leather so you don't tear the cutouts any further. I replaced cover without taking out seat.

· Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi OleBah, I like that Blue!
2 questions:
1. How did you get the cover off?
2. The seat controls that are attached, do I need new ones, or can I unplug what's there, and reuse on the new cover?
Thanks to ALL.

· Registered
Gran Turismo Sport 2014
75 Posts
Hi OleBah, I like that Blue!
2 questions:
1. How did you get the cover off?
2. The seat controls that are attached, do I need new ones, or can I unplug what's there, and reuse on the new cover?
Thanks to ALL.
There are three Guard pins that attach to the back of the Guard itself circled in picture. Press Guard firmly in and force up wards to remove. I placed thicker plastic protective sheet between guard and leather. It is a tight fit for sure. Getting guard pins out with the seat left in place is a right struggle of brute force and pulling them out. Removing seat would make it easier.

All seat controls are removable and re-usable.

Attachments

· Registered
413 Posts
There are three Guard pins that attach to the back of the Guard itself circled in picture. Press Guard firmly in and force up wards to remove. I placed thicker plastic protective sheet between guard and leather. It is a tight fit for sure. Getting guard pins out with the seat left in place is a right struggle of brute force and pulling them out. Removing seat would make it easier.

All seat controls are removable and re-usable.
There's also the two tabs on the underside which are screwed in placed. Not a problem for removal here as both are probably broken. Reinstalling though - its the last part of the process.

· Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OleBah, that's awesome. I really appreciate the picture and your help on this. I think I will just order 3 of the pins and fix it. Doesn't appear I need a new cover.

Navcorr, the two tabs you are talking about, are they part of the cover or part of the seat? If they are broken what part replaces it, the actual cover?

· Registered
413 Posts
Navcorr, the two tabs you are talking about, are they part of the cover or part of the seat? If they are broken what part replaces it, the actual cover?
The tabs are part of the cover and are screwed to the underside of the seat. You can see them on the lower edge of the cover in OleBah's photo above. Referencing this to your own photo you can see a broken tab screwed in place. 3 new pins will help a little but they won't secure the lower edge - which will move.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts