Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yah the F#*&in seat!
In the mist of this misfire issue I forgot to mention it. I take the car out yesterday for a drive thru the old neighborhood and to have the ecu relearn whats going on.
I stop for a second hop out and talk to one my buddies and get back in the car. I try to adjust my seat and nothing happens so I say "dammit, there goes the seat!". I ride for about 5 more mins and I smell smoke.
Now do to the misfire, running rich, lean, etc. I thought the car was catching fire so I pull over and check it out hoping I can call progressive consider the car totalled and go buy another one (isn't that sad).
I look under the hood... nothing
I look under the car.....nothing
I get back in and I still smell smoke but even stronger now
Again, I check hood, under. behind, over, hell everywhere....NOTHING.
So i just take a step back a look to see if I can tell where it's coming from and see NOTHING.
Long story short I open the door look in side and I seat light smoke coming from under the seat. I say WTF!!!
Look under the driver seat and from the little square hole where the wires are ran I see lite smoke coming out.
So I unplug the seat dash a little water in the hole and wait for everything to settle.
By the time I get her home the smell of smoke has settled and all is back to normall except....my F$*&in seat doesn't work now!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yikes. Keep talking... You're making the little rattles and annoyances on mine seem much less of an issue. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
A Screen name change is in the works?

nomorejagsandmaseratis?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds more like enhanced butt warmers. You need to park this one in downtown Detroit with the keys in the ignition ..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds more like enhanced butt warmers. You need to park this one in downtown Detroit with the keys in the ignition ..
The west side of chicago is closer...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yah the F#*&in seat!
In the mist of this misfire issue I forgot to mention it. I take the car out yesterday for a drive thru the old neighborhood and to have the ecu relearn whats going on.
I stop for a second hop out and talk to one my buddies and get back in the car. I try to adjust my seat and nothing happens so I say "dammit, there goes the seat!". I ride for about 5 more mins and I smell smoke.
Now do to the misfire, running rich, lean, etc. I thought the car was catching fire so I pull over and check it out hoping I can call progressive consider the car totalled and go buy another one (isn't that sad).
I look under the hood... nothing
I look under the car.....nothing
I get back in and I still smell smoke but even stronger now
Again, I check hood, under. behind, over, hell everywhere....NOTHING.
So i just take a step back a look to see if I can tell where it's coming from and see NOTHING.
Long story short I open the door look in side and I seat light smoke coming from under the seat. I say WTF!!!
Look under the driver seat and from the little square hole where the wires are ran I see lite smoke coming out.
So I unplug the seat dash a little water in the hole and wait for everything to settle.
By the time I get her home the smell of smoke has settled and all is back to normall except....my F$*&in seat doesn't work now!

Any suggestions?
set of aftermarket Recaro's on a manual slider. More headroom, more supportive, more comfortable long driving. I'll be posting pics of mine for sale very soon (selling car), feel free to PM me and I can give you details on the model that fits our cars and looks stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts