Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I understand the SD2 is required to set the kiss point when installing a clutch on Cambiocorsa cars...

But is it required for cars equipped with the manual transmission?

Thanks.

Karl.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi folks,

I understand the SD2 is required to set the kiss point when installing a clutch on Cambiocorsa cars...

But is it required for cars equipped with the manual transmission?

Thanks.

Karl.
The "kiss" is actually the PIS or point of initial slippage, and, yes, you need an SD2 to do this on the F1 or DuoSelect transmissions.

Not required for manual transmissions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw your other post about that... sorry to hear.

When you work it out, I (and I'm sure many others) would be very interested to see what procedure you used.

Karl.

·
Registered
905 Posts
How much would the dealership charge to adjust the F1 clutch with the SD2 if you do the clutch job yourself? Will they do that?

Is it feasible to get a hold of an SD2? Guessing no...

·
Registered
340 Posts
How much would the dealership charge to adjust the F1 clutch with the SD2 if you do the clutch job yourself? Will they do that?

Is it feasible to get a hold of an SD2? Guessing no...
Probably the same amount to replace the clutch themselves :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
puting on the SD2 on the car at dealer

I was told by my dealer that they would charge only 1/2 to 1 hour labour at around £150 to adjust the kiss point/alter the software.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh by the way,
Anyone with a Manual tranny doing a clutch/PP/Flywheel/TO Bearing change?

I have an entire package that includes the Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, and TO Bearing. The entire package only has 4500 miles on it! Tons of mileage left. Will sell the entire package for a fraction of the caost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.