Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Came across this forum some good info

I have just got a 4200 spyder 02 with 10k miles stunning car and mint the scuttle shake is crazy as i saved on bying it i can spend some money on it
does anyone know of any mods to try and lessin the shake???

thanks in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
They all shake, but....

I believe in '03 and later cars, the "A" pillars were filled with foam to dampen some vibrations. I'm unaware of any structural changes to the chassis during its model run. Spyder owners may know more. Enjoy your new car and welcome to the forum. This is very valuable resource.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frankie

Just had a good look there is a sub frame that the engine mounts and steering rack fit to that bolts up to the chassis legs you can see where its all going wrong?

Has any one fitted a strut brace or know if one is available??? This might take out some of the flex?

·
Registered
203 Posts
No strut braces, but...

Hey Moto,

Check out a prior thread, in which the Trofeo race car was photgraphed with a brace in front of the radiator if I recall correctly. I don't recall ever seeing a strut tower brace for our cars on the forum. I'm sure we would all be interested in such a product, as the structural rigidity of the closed coupe leaves something to be desired as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Frankie

I see the guys from Formula Dynamics are members any chance you guys will

make a strut brace??? cant find one anywhere its got to stiffen up the front end????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts