Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, today I went out to take the car up to F&M of Seattle to have the new trunk lock installed. Car hadn't been started in 4 days. First thing I notice is that it is running really rough at idle and the OBD light is now illuminated. I shut the ignition off and waited a bit and started it again. Same thing, running very, VERY rough (like a misfire).

Next thing, I smell gas. Strong smell of gas. I shut the engine off and pop the hood. No sign of any gas leak around the engine anywhere. I start to walk to the back end of the car and see a gas puddle spreading from the right rear tire! A lot of gas! I opened up all my garage doors and grabbed the garden hose and sprayed water all over and used my squeegee broom to shove it out into the driveway and rinse it all out into the street.

Not sure what broke, although I'm guessing its a fuel hose from the fuel pump, since it only leaks when the ignition switch is on.

Anyhow, big Kudo's to how well the Maserati Roadside assistance works! Heck, I called, they will be here in about 2 hours. No charge at all.

That was my excitement this morning! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
At least in the 04 CC, the Fuel Rails were recalled (or swapped under a tech bulletin).

Anyway, around the trunk there is a connector that probably came loose and you starting the car dumped fuel.

This happened to me.

Best,
dsd

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow-up.....

Just got a call from the dealer. As most of you know, there are 2 fuel pumps on our cars (one on each side of the fuel tank). Seems that one of the fittings on mine either broke or came loose and sprayed gas on the trunk carpet that covers the tank. So, not only are they are replacing the fuel line & fitting, but also any of the carpet in the trunk that got sprayed.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Had a similar issue, but mostly just the scent of fuel (which I was lovingly accustomed to having owned a few MG's)...but after a recurring OBDII light for an Evap System leak (0x4XX codes), we found the cause which was a fuel tank gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts