Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a scan tool for Maserati on Amazon.com, for $850, it was a good deal, Launch X431 Pro Mini, it arrived and it works!
now, does anyone have the specs or instructions to do what needs to be done to the transmission?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also have a launch. It is good for a lot of functions, but it’s not capable of properly reading or setting the PIS in the f1 system. Be very careful with that and do not try to adjust it. Also, if you can figure out how to scan the abs system with it, let me know.

The launch has been discussed a few times here. I definitely think it’s worth the price, even with its shortcomings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone confirmed if the launch tool allows access to the TPMS? Need to change the sn for the replacement TPMS sensors?

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is no option for tpms in the 4200GT chassis menu.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my Launch X431 mini died in a sudden death in a few weeks. Amazon accepted the return with full refund without a problem.
the 4200GT menu was incomplete and buggy but it did allow PIS adjustment. it is a powerful tool with incomplete instructions, one can do serious harm if not careful or if not just lucky!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Were you ever able to figure out how to scan abs?

·
Registered
174 Posts
FYI - your link doe not work!
Just got mine yesterday. Does seem to work for our cars but I can't scan abs system. But think I have fault in my can bus.

Here is a link. If you want to purchase let me know. Talked to seller via whatsapp and we closed the sale. I ordered an Autel Ap200 as the Bluetooth device. Works well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The X431 works fine with all the functions I've used, though I haven't tried anything specific to the ABS yet but I can try when I'm home in a week.

You can pick them up for $600USD brand new on ebay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’ve had good luck with the Launch X431 Mini as well.

I reported some software bugs with the PIS on the CC and they actually acknowledged and sent out a updated version in about two weeks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can confirm that the version 11 Maserati software can control the ABS module. I was able to change setting, run bleed cycles and clear and activate dash lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts