Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Question regarding live data of scan tools on our GranTurismo.
My friend's repair shop uses a high-end AUTEL MaxiSys scanner but I can't seem to find the per cylinder monitoring misfires in the live data. There is only "Misfire Counter" which does not help me narrow down where is it coming from.
The scan tool is updated to version 5.5
Does anyone know if there is something I am doing wrong or is there a scanner that is known to have this capability/feature?

Thanks,
Bazz

7,399 Posts
Not all cars have live misfire data monitoring...It is the function of the software...You should be able to use the misfire counter or you maybe able to use mode 6...You'll have to google that as that is hard to explain...You should see it on the Autel screen...Jason

·
Registered
4200 MY03 / Granturismo S MY08
30 Posts
The little Autel MX808 is able to read misfire cylinder by cylinder on Quattroporte 4.2 and 4.7, so I have no doubt on Granturismo, it's exactlu same. It's also OK with Launch X431.
I don't remember if these information are in live data or in other place in diag tool, but not difficult to find.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The little Autel MX808 is able to read misfire cylinder by cylinder on Quattroporte 4.2 and 4.7, so I have no doubt on Granturismo, it's exactlu same. It's also OK with Launch X431.
I don't remember if these information are in live data or in other place in diag tool, but not difficult to find.

Can you find out for me how to access it, please? I just took another look today using Autel MaxiSYS MS908S and had no luck.

7,399 Posts
Hopefully, your tool is similar to ours...Go to diagnostics and then go into EOBD...Connect to the car....You will see a bunch of PIDS with data...See if you can find the misfire data for each cylinder in that data...Jason

Reactions: hkbazzi
1 - 7 of 7 Posts