Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2007 Quattroporte DuoSelect
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ran into scammers on this site? I was PM'd about a DBW and ECM from Formula Dynamics combo for 1500. Long story short they came down in price asked me to send it via family and friends. I sent payment via PayPal but regular and I paid the fees so they would get the full amount. They refunded and insisted on a family and friends' payment.

I'm inclined to put the user here but not sure if it's allowed. Don't want anyone else to possibly get scammed.

· Registered
2007 Quattroporte Automatica
824 Posts
Report it for sure, they don't belong on ANY forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RJ237 and xxtoobsxx

· Registered
292 Posts
Really, what ended up being a scam?

It ended up being a sham.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow just read the thread... That's crazy. Sounds almost like what I went through with not having funds to ship until a tracking number is provided. Interesting, wonder if they are the same group of people. I did find it odd that they went from $1500 for both units down to $600 shipped to San Diego. But I figured PayPal buyers protection would cover me if it was a sham...

· Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ran into scammers on this site? I was PM'd about a DBW and ECM from Formula Dynamics combo for 1500. Long story short they came down in price asked me to send it via family and friends. I sent payment via PayPal but regular and I paid the fees so they would get the full amount. They refunded and insisted on a family and friends' payment.

I'm inclined to put the user here but not sure if it's allowed. Don't want anyone else to possibly get scammed.
Feel free to report it to one of the mods.

C

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
We have no open reports so I can only assume he was removed. I confess I don't recall that specific case, though. When was it?

C

1 - 20 of 20 Posts