Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks- bittersweet day, as I’ve been a longtime Maserati owner and member of the forums: I just listed my GT convertible MC Centennial for earlier this week, and have a number of serious buyers already offering with deposits.

I didn’t actually expect it to go so quickly, so I’m not quite sure I was really ready to sell! Still, it is time. This was my third GT (had an 08 GT, ‘13 GTS, and now letting go of my ‘15 MC C). I’ve obviously loved this car since it came out- a fantastic all-around GT car for everyday use, that looked and sounded great, and was less common than its direct competitors. With the MC 20, I don’t think I’ll likely come back to the brand. I have other cars, and the GT itself (same with the MC20) won’t really have a spot in the garage, as I already have great all-around luxury and comfort cars with plenty of power, plus a much sportier performer for spirited driving as well (of course ignoring the my more practical cars and trucks, bc well, they just don’t matter).

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for the great reading over the years, as well as the communal support. I’ve enjoyed the time being here and a GT owner- but like a naturally-aspirated engine, I think I’m moving forward outside of Maserati.

If you are interested in some cool photos and a couple random vids I did with my car, check out MCcentennial.com (yeah, i own the domain lol):

https://www.mccentennial.com

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,633 Posts
Hey folks- bittersweet day, as I’ve been a longtime Maserati owner and member of the forums: I just listed my GT convertible MC Centennial for earlier this week, and have a number of serious buyers already offering with deposits.

I didn’t actually expect it to go so quickly, so I’m not quite sure I was really ready to sell! Still, it is time. This was my third GT (had an 08 GT, ‘13 GTS, and now letting go of my ‘15 MC C). I’ve obviously loved this car since it came out- a fantastic all-around GT car for everyday use, that looked and sounded great, and was less common than its direct competitors. With the MC 20, I don’t think I’ll likely come back to the brand. I have other cars, and the GT itself (same with the MC20) won’t really have a spot in the garage, as I already have great all-around luxury and comfort cars with plenty of power, plus a much sportier performer for spirited driving as well (of course ignoring the my more practical cars and trucks, bc well, they just don’t matter).

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for the great reading over the years, as well as the communal support. I’ve enjoyed the time being here and a GT owner- but like a naturally-aspirated engine, I think I’m moving forward outside of Maserati.

If you are interested in some cool photos and a couple random vids I did with my car, check out MCcentennial.com (yeah, i own the domain lol):

https://www.mccentennial.com

View attachment 133958
Great looking car and good luck with your future ride. Those MC Centennials are super rare and beautiful as hell, so I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

I'm sure once Maserati gets off their butts and releases a GT replacement, you'll be tempted by the brand once again.

Just curious, you joined in 2013 but only have 62 posts?! No wonder I don't recognize you.

By the way, I see that you have a Rapide. How do you like it? I'm searching for a used DBS or a Vanquish to replace my recently sold 599 GTB but a Rapide is intriguing. Gotta have that V-12 fix!!

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
638 Posts
The Rapid is a nice car. Looked at it as a family hauler but decided on the GT instead as I have other daily cars for that purpose.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,633 Posts
The Rapid is a nice car. Looked at it as a family hauler but decided on the GT instead as I have other daily cars for that purpose.
V-12 four doors are super rare. It's such a shame Aston Martin didn't devote more time and effort into it. It's such a beautiful-looking car.

Rather have this than any SUV that's for sure.

Reactions: Gypsy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks! It has been a joy to own.

Well what did you get?? Don’t leave us hanging.
Didn't buy anything quite yet - this is the best part of the process! Almost certainly a McLaren 720s or a Ferrari F12 though.

I agree, but I bought it thinking I'd keep it for a while AS my daily car, along with the GTC MC in the stable.... but alas, I move on! Sold it this week too.

Great looking car and good luck with your future ride. Those MC Centennials are super rare and beautiful as hell, so I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

I'm sure once Maserati gets off their butts and releases a GT replacement, you'll be tempted by the brand once again.

Just curious, you joined in 2013 but only have 62 posts?! No wonder I don't recognize you.

By the way, I see that you have a Rapide. How do you like it? I'm searching for a used DBS or a Vanquish to replace my recently sold 599 GTB but a Rapide is intriguing. Gotta have that V-12 fix!!
I hope I get tempted by the MC20! Will be a solid year before deliveries, so plenty of play time in between!

Yes, I've been here for a while, but I'm more of a reader than a poster. Even then, I read quite a bit before I joined 7 years ago!

The Rapide was fine - I sold it this week too, actually. It was definitely the best looking 4-door car on the planet to me, and still is. But @psb1013 is right, Aston Martin didn't do the design the justice of building a more fun and solid car. It was heavy and underpowered IMHO, but a fantastic car for when I wanted to fly under the radar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
love the seats on that MC Centennial and red is such a great color for such a vibrant car, life is short we cant take the car with us good luck on the next ride, even though i always thought i be buried with my MK4 Supra TT 6speed....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
love the seats on that MC Centennial and red is such a great color for such a vibrant car, life is short we cant take the car with us good luck on the next ride, even though i always thought i be buried with my MK4 Supra TT 6speed....
Thanks, I never intended to part with it- but I’m happy about the next one- just picked up a high-spec F12!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts