Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is in the market, the dealers I bought my GS from gave me a courtesy call to check on the car and let me know they just got in a 2005 Grey coupe with tan interior with 3000 miles. I think their asking price is $61,900 but I found them negotiable. The car is at Momentum Jaguar in Houston if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
05 Coupe at Momentum Houston

That 05 coupe was mine until I traded it in 2 weeks ago. I can tell you most anything you want to know about it. I am still grieving over having to let it go. It looked every bit as good as the showroom Maser's and Ferrari's at the Houston dealer. I traded it and a Porsche 911S after a neck injury which has ironically made it very painful to sit in a car! I am now back in my 745 BMW and only for short,painful trips to work and back. Iwill be glad to give you info on the car at your request. Also,Gueseppi Deblasio,service mgr at Houston Ferrari/Maserati knows the car. He has handled all service since I bought it. By the way,the color is grigio Alfieri and cuio sella...beautiful!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jim, so sorry to hear about your injury. I know they are very painful and take a long time to heal but hope you are well on the way to recovery.

I live only about half a mile from the dealership, if anyone needs pictures I'll be happy to stop by.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jim ,

Do you have the spec on the car - and obviously know the history eg last time it saw a Maserati dealer for service if it is a CC has the pump failed etc- I left a much loved '05 coupe back on mud island - before I was transferred here 6 months ago

Any info is great - I will go look at the car on Saturday.

·
Registered
57 Posts
05 Coupe

;) Here's the story as I know it...Car was purchased from The Collection in south Florida...in service date was 11.18.05. First owner kept it a whopping 500 yes, that is five hundred miles and approximately ten months,I think. The second owner was in California and took over ownership in the summer of 2006. Newport Beach Maserati took it off his hands at Christmas 2006 after he had it less than six months and drove it 579 miles... I bought it after flying out and driving it and several other maserati coupes,spyders and Q-portes. I ran the odometer up to 3300 miles between February and October 2007. If I thought I was bad having two BMW sevens,a 911S,and the Maser coupe, the guy who had the coupe before me had two Astons,two ferraris,and the 05coupe along with an 05 red spyder!!! He supposedly got rid of the masers to help pay for a new airplane.Tough life... Back to the car...CC tranny, Skyhook suspension,briarwood steering wheel(matches sella leather), $3500 worth of stereo upgrades done by Custom Car Stereo on SW Fwy in Houston,hands free bluetooth telephone system,wired for radar detector, nav system, and an assortment of Maserati goodies that add up to just under 100,000 dollars on the sticker. The only issue that car had while I owned it was the A/C. It made noise when I bought it(the salesman blamed it on not being driven enough). When I took it in for it's yearly service (as soon as I took possession) I told the service manager about the noise, he listened, and ordered me a new blower motor and later that week a new compressor. Voila!! No more funny noise...But over the course of the summer, my A/C has on occasion quit working, made a beeping noise while working(like the noise it makes when in reverse) and has shown an occasional "E" in the place where the outside temp shows on the instrument panel. The service mgr has offered the following:Radio upgrade installer did a sloppy job and left an A/C wire loose (first time); Faulty external temp sensor (second time). You tell me on the third time because it still occasionally beeped at me and sometimes refused to blow air when I sold it. What the heck, it still has two more years left on the warranty for them to figure it out. The guys are nice and the girls are pretty at the Houston dealer,it's just on the wrong side of town for me.
There should be a package of info and paperwork as well as all the stock speakers and the stock trunk upholstery which was removed and replaced to accomodate the amp and subwoofer.
One more thing,the car had custom straightpipes when I first drove it...EHL I think (from Phoenix). They were so loud I made a deal to trade them to the dealer for a new set of stock mufflers. (Dealer installed them) The upgrade performance exhaust makes me think maybe they tweaked something else,because this car is seriously fast. (0-100 in under 11 seconds if I remember the one time I drove it over the speed limit..ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!
The only scratch on this car was put there by me (idiot) rolling backwards down an incline and bumping into the car behind me (1 MPH ) while adjusting the bass on my new sound system. Her license plate screws left their mark in my bumper. I am still PO'd. Dealer said live with it or pay $2000 to repaint the entire bumper. I'm thinking Italian flag bumper sticker,but not my problem any more. I will always miss this car, but I must say I could care less about selling the Porsche. I guess a car with soul vs a mechanical wonder, I'll go with the soul. By the way, want to sell your Grandsport??? How about just taking me for a ride when my neck gets better?? Doctor Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dr, nice of you to do the write up for prospective buyers. That is the one thing about these Italian things, there are so few that you usually can find the history on it - even if it's been all over the country. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the history Jim , just a question then - it has a stock exhaust system on it now ? or it is still tweaked and only has the stock rear muffler boxes on?

Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
05 Coupe

Tim, The mufflers are stock now and I am only guessing about other tweaking... all I am saying is that the car was by far the fastest one I drove when test driving. Incidentally, there is no way you could get away with running the straight pipes in Houston for long without a personal consultation with the boys that serve and protect! Also, riding in the car was like being inside of a subwoofer!! I guess all that air space in the back seat area caused the sound to be amplified. Stock pipes allow you to actually hear the wonderful sound of the engine as opposed to just too much noise coming from the back. Interesting note, the spyder I drove had the same pipes and it wasn't nearly as noisy inside (with the top up) as the coupe was...But the spyder was way too flexy and did not seem nearly as fast as the coupe..Thus, I drove the spyder around all afternoon trying to talk myself into buying it, but the coupe won out with it's tighter handling and extra dose of fast... Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jim ,

That is exactly the conversation I had with myself when I got my first coupe - I had the spider on a beautiful day and spent about 6 hours with it - really enjoyed it - until I brought it back to the dealer and they had just got a coupe prepped - was offered a drive - less than a hour later I signed for the coupe (added bonus on the "of course its practical" arguement) and she never drove it anyway - found the stick shift too much to manage, well that and a few well aimed remarks about it not being a girls car and "she just didn't understand" its temperment. The coupe is just a different car totally.

I will go have a look over the week end who knows - I don't.

Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
05 Coupe

Tim, Did you get to see the car? I found it on Momentum's website...looks like it has a couple of hundred more miles on it since I handed over the keys. Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts