Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is beautiful; funny how some members here have reported that California dealers have some that have not been sold but the dealer here tells me the one on the floor is to take orders from and they have 25 folks with deposits; then you read that the car has not been that big as excitement as Maserati thought from some comments I see; all smoke and mirrors; I hope it does well and only time will tell........

·
Registered
824 Posts
It is beautiful; funny how some members here have reported that California dealers have some that have not been sold but the dealer here tells me the one on the floor is to take orders from and they have 25 folks with deposits; then you read that the car has not been that big as excitement as Maserati thought from some comments I see; all smoke and mirrors; I hope it does well and only time will tell........
There is a black car on ebay for $120k.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a black car on ebay for $120k.

Glenn, you're right, there is one with a starting price of $120K on Ebay. But, it's being sold with 135 miles at Domani Motors. They're a high end used car dealer, mainly selling Lambo's. I wouldn't buy a new car from a second hand dealer. I'd buy from a Ferrari-Maserati dealer so that I could get the car worked on, and get preferential treatment from the dealer.

Your experience may vary

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that odd?

I saw that too...I mean if there is such a demand how come they were not ALL presold? Beginning to think there is something to the story of not as much excitement as Masi predicted; maybe this dealer should buy this one...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Glenn, you're right, there is one with a starting price of $120K on Ebay. But, it's being sold with 135 miles at Domani Motors. They're a high end used car dealer, mainly selling Lambo's. I wouldn't buy a new car from a second hand dealer. I'd buy from a Ferrari-Maserati dealer so that I could get the car worked on, and get preferential treatment from the dealer.

Your experience may vary
Oh me neither. There is a boutique car dealer near me that sometimes even buys cars from dealers to mark them up. Totally slimey to deal with too.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My Maserati Prediction.... Depreciates just like the QP...

Of course I am a die hard Maserati fan and I wish all the owners and the company well...

Even though the new coupe has been completely re designed and Maserati had some moderate success with the QP, I would not recommend buying the new coupe any where near MSRP. If you can wait 12 - 18 months, then perhaps jump in.

Just look at the huge depreciation the QPs are taking... Thats Maseratis new line, not the old coupes that most on this board have and love. Maserati is an amazing value used...

Additionally, people still and probably will for a long time associate Maserati with Ferrari, as an expensive exotic, quirky and expensive to maintain. The new Maserati is trying to compete with Benz and BMW. It doesn't seem to have the dealer network to support it.

Two friends were in the market for luxury coupes, one ended up with a 650 and the other the new cl 550. They thought about the Maserati, but not seriously. Both said they were to far from the dealership and while its a nice looking car, they preferred BMW and MB....

That being said, I think the new coupe will depreciate just like the GS and QPS did.

Its a rough spot to be in especially given the current US economy... Its never going to be like a Ferrari and hold its value, its also very expensive but does not offer the performance of the AMG MB or the M BMWs.... Plus dealers are few and far between.

Granted, I think its a great start for the Company, and the new coupe may be a great bang for your buck 18 months old with a few 000 miles on it, but at or near 120K..... I think she should be avoided.. It just does not have the performance numbers at that price point to keep its value strong.. Just my opinion...

I know it has a better pedigee than Porsche, but 120K will get you an insane used turbo with outstanding performance numbers and warranty. A pre owned Bentley or a pre owned Gallardo or Aston. Again, I know used versus new, but the Maserati coupe does not seem to draw the demand that Ferrari, Lambo, or even MB and BMW do when they redesign a new super coupe.

Just my 2 cents.. cM

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice analysis on the current maserati line!

I like your views; and while I wish them well as I am now a fan I am concerned for their future; and at $120K I saw the new ASTON Vantage V8 for that exact number, $120K, in fact one salesman said to me yesterday when I went for service; forget the Vanquish and DB9, the most value and peformance and least trouble is the V8; in fact I did not know that the Vanquish is all sealed up on the bottom and said its expensive to drop for service; and the body; is it aluminum? something about if its "tapped" the whole car is cracked?:confused:

·
Registered
909 Posts
FWIW

All of the dealers got a demo car that is not supposed to be sold.

We currently have orders for cars with delivery dates extending to April \ May. Assuming the market doesn't go completely in the toilet, I am expecting spring orders will end up with late summer\fall delivery times. I had one car on order that the gentleman changed his mind on color after it had gone to build. This car was sold within two weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if there are some people with orders that also have money tied up in real estate, and its clear they know the car will sell before the house... ;)

There might also be some dealers that are hurting from the market slowdown (seasonal and otherwise) that needed to do something to move an extra car or two - it happens.

So far we've had a lot of interest in the GT, and continue to take deposits and pre-orders. I think right now we have 4 or 5 cars delivered to customers, 1 demo, and at least 12-15 more deposits & confirmed orders. Considering we are in the middle for Maser dealers based on volume, and its January - snowing and 25 degrees outside - we feel the car is doing quite well for us, and we're really excited for spring.

I know I can't wait to drive the damn thing with warm pavement and tires.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Of course I am a die hard Maserati fan and I wish all the owners and the company well...
That being said, I think the new coupe will depreciate just like the GS and QPS did.
I know it has a better pedigee than Porsche, but 120K will get you an insane used turbo with outstanding performance numbers and warranty. A pre owned Bentley or a pre owned Gallardo or Aston. Again, I know used versus new, but the Maserati coupe does not seem to draw the demand that Ferrari, Lambo, or even MB and BMW do when they redesign a new super coupe.

Just my 2 cents.. cM
very much agree with cM. unfortunately, there is really nothing that holds the maserati's value.

initial depreciation is almost guaranteed... unless they really really cut their supply and raise the demands.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dealer Support

FWIW

All of the dealers got a demo car that is not supposed to be sold.

We currently have orders for cars with delivery dates extending to April \ May. [snip] So far we've had a lot of interest in the GT, and continue to take deposits and pre-orders. I think right now we have 4 or 5 cars delivered to customers, 1 demo, and at least 12-15 more deposits & confirmed orders. Considering we are in the middle for Maser dealers based on volume, and its January - snowing and 25 degrees outside - we feel the car is doing quite well for us, and we're really excited for spring.

I know I can't wait to drive the damn thing with warm pavement and tires.
Congrats and best of luck with them. I always appreciate your posts and posts from Formula Dynamics. They're a great reminder that there are good dealers and shops out there.

Best regards -

Bill Wolk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts