Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Maseratis don't emphasize electronics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Satelite Radio

Ok.. So Becker and Maserati dont currently offer a head unit with xm or sirius. That notwithstanding, i need to have sirius installed in the car. I ve been told that there is one aux in the head unit, but the 6-disc changer occupies it. Aside from ripping out the factory unit (which would be sub- optimal both for asthetic purposes, as well as the fact i have the NAV/6-disc/Phone unit) what options are out there?:confused:

Anyone have any pictures of installations they've had done?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
06GS said:
Ok.. So Becker and Maserati dont currently offer a head unit with xm or sirius. That notwithstanding, i need to have sirius installed in the car. I ve been told that there is one aux in the head unit, but the 6-disc changer occupies it. Aside from ripping out the factory unit (which would be sub- optimal both for asthetic purposes, as well as the fact i have the NAV/6-disc/Phone unit) what options are out there?:confused:

Anyone have any pictures of installations they've had done?
Do you have a GS, QP or Coupe/Spyder? The only thing you can do with a Coupe/Spyder is add the Denison ipod adapter. It emulates the Blaupunkt CD changer and allows for the same features you'd get from the CD changer (track +/-, random, repeat, etc). The Magneti-Marelli NIT does not allow the artist/title to display on the nav screen but all CDC controls function normally. No Sirius integration. I've heard of much better success on the QP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Do you have a GS, QP or Coupe/Spyder? The only thing you can do with a Coupe/Spyder is add the Denison ipod adapter. It emulates the Blaupunkt CD changer and allows for the same features you'd get from the CD changer (track +/-, random, repeat, etc). The Magneti-Marelli NIT does not allow the artist/title to display on the nav screen but all CDC controls function normally. No Sirius integration. I've heard of much better success on the QP.
I have an 06 Gransport. Dont Know if that changes anything. Additionally, I want to continue to use the CD changer with the Sirius installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
06GS said:
I have an 06 Gransport. Dont Know if that changes anything. Additionally, I want to continue to use the CD changer with the Sirius installed.

I had XM installed in 05 Spyder, works great and works off one FM button position, a frequency with poor signal. No conflict with factory installed CD player. 6th CD playable from center console
Antenna is on trunk lid, attached with silicone adhesive(easily removed) and centrally located on front side of lid. I don't even use FM radio at all.
Ipod, like Ferrari would be best solution.
Getting this on incoming F430.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts