Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone... I am so happy to be here. Proud owner of an '04 Coupe Cambiocorsa for a little over 2 months now. My plan is to drive the heck out of this car since I know it's my 'learner' car (already logged +5k miles on it). I'm hooked on the quality and excitement everytime I fire it up...

Just wanted to say hi. Would love to meet anyone in the South East that is interested... I spend a lot of time in North Floida and Louisianna. I'm using the vehicle for work, so it's my daily car (I travel extensively for work). Firm believer that cars are for driving and not just polishing.

Feel free to say hi directly here:
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brother I checked out your myspace page. What you do on a motorcycle is nutz. Cool but nutz... Anyway, I was hoping to take my CC to the track this spring. Have you had yours on a closed course before? I haven't researched tracks yet, so I don't know which one's are closest to me. Lakeland is 83 miles from my zip code by the way.... We should meet up sometime....

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Track events are a blast, though you may want to take a look at your insurance to see when and if "track" events are covered in case you have an off track excursion caused by you or anyone else. That is unless you're willing to foot the bill yourself.

Some insurance companies allow track events which are considered to be "driver training". However there usually needs to be some form of instruction during the event.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, thanks man, good info... Unfortunately that maserati driving school wasn't on my things to do list this year. Although I think maybe it should be! I've been doing some self instruction, and have the tickets to prove it... Drifting a misdemeanor? Yep...

So I figure I need to get this thing on a closed course, get some of this out of my system and determine which mods I want to do first... Jeff I do know I want to take the HP up another 30 (nice round number, eh?) even though I can't handle what I have now. Should I go for that chip? What's that shift by wire kit? How about other suggestions for modifications? Exhaust and rims are tempting...

How about driving tips? Is there a forum or thread for these kinds of questions? How to properly abuse your maserati?

Thanks SouthernCoupe.. I'm sure we'll meet sooner or later.... You look like an interesting person to say the least! Damn dude, you ride your motorcycle on one wheel while sitting on the handlebars, backwards! Do you work at a carnival or something? :)

Neal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.