Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Xavior on f-chat for the picture.

I am talking to a mfg. in Japan who makes the key I have attached for the Ferrari, I am working with him to get one made for the Maserati. Key costs $500USD, is anybody else interested? As always the more interested, the cheaper I can get my price.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sure seems a little steep for a key... I presume that they will be giving you 100% carbon fibre and not carbon fibre lamination?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working out all the details, I believe it is complete carbon fiber, waiting on a response. So far all I have is estimated pricing.

Just take it to your dealer to get it cut. Only downside is you will still need to carry your other key around to unlock and lock.

Also I will be marking up each key $25 to cover my time into this project, I just don't want anyone to be under the impression that I'm the reason this key is $500. People who have worked with me in the past will vouch that I am not greedy and work on high volume low margin.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha said:
and the buttons?
MVP said:
Just take it to your dealer to get it cut. Only downside is you will still need to carry your other key around to unlock and lock.
Not going to try to intergrate the buttons, it'll be looks over function. Just for the few who want to have a carbon fiber key.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it looks like it'll be 2-3 months before they can even start producing them, due to demand they are really behind on their Ferrari keys. Shortage of carbon fiber doesn't really help either.

If you are interested:

PM me your name , e-mail address or phone # , and I will place you on a list and contact you in 2-3 months when they can start making them for us.

·
Registered
635 Posts
From what I understand, Carbon Fiber is getting pretty tough to find due to supply shortages.

I bought a rear hugger for my '04 Aprilia Futura, and it took almost 3 months to get it, because the manufacturer was having trouble locating the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PRICE ERROR!

Big error. Huge typo on his behalf, the estimated price of the key will be $184 not the $481 originally quoted. Hope that makes more sense. LOL

PM me to get on the list, mfg should start in the next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'm in too, assuming I can still lock/unlock the car manually with the key in the key hole (never tried this, hopefully the alarm will activate/deactivate manually?)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sentax said:
i'm in too, assuming I can still lock/unlock the car manually with the key in the key hole (never tried this, hopefully the alarm will activate/deactivate manually?)
PM me your name and contact info to be officially placed on the list. It's already going to take 2-3 months for him to start designing and then making them so I have a feeling this will be a demand > supply ordeal.

You should be able to lock/unlock the car manually, I'm just going to put mine on the same keychain I have my regular key on. Use my regular key for locking and unlocking the doors and my carbon fiber key as more of a cool accessory keychain and use it to start the car up!

·
Registered
111 Posts
MVP said:
Thanks to Xavior on f-chat for the picture.

I am talking to a mfg. in Japan who makes the key I have attached for the Ferrari, I am working with him to get one made for the Maserati. Key costs $500USD, is anybody else interested? As always the more interested, the cheaper I can get my price.

The Key looks great and I would be interested. :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vungul said:
The Key looks great and I would be interested. :D
Thanks for your interest but to be officially put on a list I need you to PM, e-mail, or call me and give me your name and contact information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts