Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the news came in late last night that my girlfriend and I are going to be leaving for Peru for a year in the near future. Normally, I would be excited about the prospect of a new country for an extended period of time, however now I have some tough decisions.

I purchased my 03 Coupe GT from Foreign Cars Italia in May with 15k on the odometer and it currently has 16.7k (two great road trips). I know I am going to get hit with some depreciation since I paid $40,500 for the car.

Mine is Silver with Black leather, 6spd, Nav, Leather Roof, Skyhook, Xenons, Red Calipers and has been serviced at Foreign Cars by the last owner as well as me. It had its annual service in May before I took delivery.

Anyone have any advice as to how best to sell the car or know anyone that is in the market?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paul,

I year is really not that long. Why not keep it? You will certainly enjoy it when you get back. I'm sure you could find a buddy that has extra garage space.

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the garage space, but unfortunately I will not have anyone to take care of the car as it should be cared for. I will be on the hunt for another one when I get back--I fear I wont find one "just" like it but this adventure is one not to miss!

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree with keeping it, if it's possible and makes $$ sense. You know the car and got a good deal on it, and are invested in it. There will be others out there but why go through the 'acquisition curve' again?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, I have a series of expenses that do not stop when I stop earning money for the next year. My mutual funds, like many other investors, have not fared as well as I had hoped over the past year and I would not rather have the stress of worrying about finances--this really will be an adventure of a lifetime.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's funny.

My wife just told me that somebody she knows is going to Peru. I asked her "Is it somebody that owns an '03 Maserati Coupe GT?". She thought I was nuts.

She said, "you've got Maserati in your brain"

I had to defend myself. "no honey, really, there is somebody on ML that is going to Peru".

Then she told me that her friend was only going for 2 weeks. OK, I said, it's not the same person.

I just wanted to share that with you guys. I thought it was funny.

-Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sad Day??? You should throw a party!!!

Lets see, A clutch that lasts about 20k miles, at a little under $4000 to replace. F1 pumps that last just as long at a little under $1800 to replace. A f1 pump that overheats in heavy traffic or hot days in any traffic, Problems with the f1 that nobody could fix and of couse the great factory turnaround time to send parts to the U.S...Gee I say you had a lucky day unloading it.. As for me, Still waiting for my wiring harness from the factory.Ordered on 7/17 rush car down. Nobody knows for sure if it shipped.( I've got the new president involved in this problem. The people in N.J are doing all they can. The factory couldn't care less. So I cancelled my new QP, Had ( Asked) my partner to cancel his. And will soon speak about how important factory support is on a radio show I guest host coast to coast. 400 markets. This story should get the phones going. I'm I mad ? Only at myself to purchasing this car.At least your free... Enjoy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm sorry

Sorry to hear of all of your problems. I'm glad I've got a GT.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just when I think I'm over reacting......

I read the post from "Ramp" about his car. It never ends, The new jag of the 21st century, Maserati. P.S The show is a financial show. I'll say this if anyone could solve the problems with the f1 powered cars they will have a nice stream of business and present owners will get a much better car.My car reminds me of a girl I dated 25 years ago Hotter then hell but one problem after another. Every time I was going to walk away I take one look at that 36-25-36 shape or a "test drive" that night and I fold like a cheap camera.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For some reason I do not know how to post pics onto the classified ad now that I have posted it there--the price is $36,500 OBO...I really need to sell in the next week to two weeks.

PM me with your e-mail for me to send you pictures.

·
5,887 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts