Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a cure for this ? I ordered some brand new bolts last year and already they have rusted. I can get them taken off and painted/powder coated etc. but will that be a short term solution ?

I've been using a proper socket designed to protect the bolts, but it's made no difference.

Anyone know the price of stainless if they're available ?

Cheers

CJ

·
Registered
660 Posts
Anyone got a cure for this ? I ordered some brand new bolts last year and already they have rusted. I can get them taken off and painted/powder coated etc. but will that be a short term solution ?

I've been using a proper socket designed to protect the bolts, but it's made no difference.

Anyone know the price of stainless if they're available ?

Cheers

CJ
Try Hills Engineering, they produce a top-notch product

http://www.hillengineering.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=10_57

About 9 quid a pop, so not cheap...

·
Registered
274 Posts
be very careful using stainless steel bolts on these cars

1) re torque settings
2) stainless steel and alloy dont mix hence the reason boats have sacrificial annodes re salt water/ gritting in winter or if you live near the ocean +12 volt current permantly connected

I think chroming would be a better alternative much safer in the long term

Regards loz

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rusty bolts

be very careful using stainless steel bolts on these cars

1) re torque settings
2) stainless steel and alloy dont mix hence the reason boats have sacrificial annodes re salt water/ gritting in winter or if you live near the ocean +12 volt current permantly connected

I think chroming would be a better alternative much safer in the long term

Regards loz
Good point and I do live relatively near the sea, so looks like stainless is out. Been searching for wheel bolt covers which I could get painted to match the wheels, but can't see find them in the right size (22mm ?)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ordered a set of chromes from Hill Engineering you can get them through Ricambi here in the states...it's no good to have rusty nuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts