Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had all my wheels refurbed to like new and now have the problem of rusty wheel bolts letting the side down.

Contacted Ross at Meridien Modena and bought a full set of 20 bolts for about £3.80 each ! That's a billy bargain in my book :)

Incidentally, 3200 and 4200 wheel bolts are different and you can't interchange as I found out to my cost !

Get it done - it'll transform your wheels :cool:

CJ

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rusty wheel nuts

My 2004 QP had rusty nuts too. The dealer, JCT 600 in Leeds (UK), replaced them FOC.... Bonus!

Then I caught the front offside wheel on the garage door frame while backing it in. Cr*p at reversing? Probably, but that, of course, is not the point:rolleyes: the size of the garage on your average british house is barely big enough to park a Fiat 500 let alone one of Italty's finest (and biggest).:mad:

·
Registered
528 Posts
The nuts on my coupe get rusty all the time, while the dealer replaces them FOC, there must be a better way.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had 3 that had rust on them (all on the drivers side, rear wheel).... When I took the car in for a service, they repainted them for me.... not sure how long it will hold up. But, it was nice that they did it without me even having to say something! Thats what I love about my dealer (Ferrari & Maserati of Seattle) :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I recently bought a set of Hill Engineering lug bolts for my testarossa...the quality is excellent...I wonder if they make a size that fits the Maserati

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh oh..

it had to come..

I went out with a girl whose nickname was "Spanner"

Every time I saw her my nuts tightened.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had all my wheels refurbed to like new and now have the problem of rusty wheel bolts letting the side down.

Contacted Ross at Meridien Modena and bought a full set of 20 bolts for about £3.80 each ! That's a billy bargain in my book :)

Incidentally, 3200 and 4200 wheel bolts are different and you can't interchange as I found out to my cost !

Get it done - it'll transform your wheels :cool:

CJ

I'm about to get a new set as well. Eurospares are selling them at the same price i think @3.80. Hill Engineering sell a socket that is supposed to prevent chipping if you need to undo them....i think that's the purpose. But priced at @30GBP i'm not sure if it's worth it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
order a set of protective sockets from griots garage thier full set (all sizes and an extension) is under $50 US and work just as well as the Hill Sockets

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Socket

I'm about to get a new set as well. Eurospares are selling them at the same price i think @3.80. Hill Engineering sell a socket that is supposed to prevent chipping if you need to undo them....i think that's the purpose. But priced at @30GBP i'm not sure if it's worth it.
I've got one on order for £10 or so. I can pop it in the post to you when I'm done and you can post it back if you need it.

CJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nuts

thanks for the offer....i need to get the new nuts first. Perhaps once i've got them i could PM you?
Yeah - no problem. Happy to share to save fellow owners a few quid.

Maybe we could all do something similar ? after all if you can't trust a gentleman in a Maserati who can you trust !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts