Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 1K miles into my recently purchased 2005 GS, currently has about 9500 miles. Everything's great, with the exception of a nagging concern: in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears I have a rumble from about 4000-4300 rpm. It's not an exhaust tone, and it disappears when I fall below or exceed those rpm. I can't determine engine or transmission as the source of this, or if I should chalk it up to the song of the car at this range. As long as I'm not imagining things, I bet engine since it's at 4000-4200 in the three gears?

Spoke to someone from FM (NY) over the weekend at a car show, he says bring it in, it's under warranty for another 14 months, but didn't want to make any diagnosis.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred, that was a good read. I'll ring them and get something scheduled and keep people posted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
engine noise

I have posted several threads regarding a similar problem . . . to no avail with no resolution. The only diffference is that I crossed referenced the noise (coming from the engine-see my other posts) to speed (above 95mph) rather that rpms . . . . However, my guess is that its the same noise.

I would love to see what you discover.

FYI. No loss of power . . . just nervous that their maybe something going wrong that I can't identify.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out I just got my car back.....with a new gearbox. FM did some sound recordings (and surely some other testing). Three days with the car and the rumble is gone. Thank the Lord I was under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts