Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from an intermediate service (oil change between 2 official services) and I mentioned to the dealer that the rubber on the drivers door (outside between the mirror and the B-pillar, pushing against the window) was coming a bit loose all the time. Apparently it is a known QP problem and it was repaired under warranty.... By the way I have 42.000km and clutch wear was only 18% and the dealer asked how I do this! Secret: almost no city traffic (3% maybe), no stop&go (>1%), always push it hard when the motor is warm, never change gear below 3000rpm and always use manual sport mode.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to hear you are happy with your QP. I have 15000 miles on mine and already had to change the clutch once. Not surprising as I can not avoid the occassional stop n go in Florida. Traffic is very bad here. Otherwise I do the same things you mentioned - always manual sport, never shift below 3000 rpm and when engine is warm I shift at around 5000 rpm. That puts me at illegal speeds in thrid gear however :D
Anyway, had the same problem with the weatherstripping around the drivers door and around the rear door - fixed it myself and seems to be good now. Last week I jamed the automatic trunk closer and the computer had to be reset. Other than that the QP is probably one of the most reliable cars I ever had. Hope I didn't jinx it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts