Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago, my 02 Coupe CC began idling very rough after cold start-up. This only happens when the engine is dead cold, never if it is warmed up at all. The first 10 seconds are very rough, as if the engine is about to stall, then it comes around to a normal idle over the next 30 seconds or so. The problem seemed to creep in over a few days time, but seems to have stabilized without getting any worse.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and what was the diagnosis? I don't feel like running into the shop, but I wasn't sure if I can be doing any damage to the engine. I still have warranty time left, so if there is no rush, I'd rather wait to see if my tempermental Italian beauty is just moody this week.

Macadoo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read it the service manual there is a upgrade for the early cars for rough running. Since you car ran OK for three years I doubt this is your problem. You need to run a OBDII tester on it to find out what is happening. You can buy one for about $100 or take it to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? In general, I wouldn't be too worried. Mine did the same thing in the winter until I was able to keep it in the garage. Then it went away. It was throwing innocuous P3XX misfire codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts