Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 GT keeps showing this message "roof operation not available see handbook" funny this is, the convertible top works fine, and it shows this message when I have the top up and I am not trying to put it down, just driving. Anyone have any ideas? Also not sure if its related, but the lights on my steering wheel blink when the lights first come on, then it stops and they stay on. I love my Italian beauty, but sure likes to be high maintenance :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been having the same issue on my 2010 for a couple of months. Last week when I put the top down, the drivers side didn't go all the way down (back). Not something you notice from inside the car. When I went to put the top back up, the headliner tore. I'm taking it in the dealer tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a quick update here...Dealer called and said they weren't sure the exact issue but had reset the system and the warning light went away. Not really a fix as the warning light was already intermittent. They offered to replace the entire top for $7K. Even they laughed at their own offer.

They're currently working to diagnose the real issue. Current belief is the control module, which I believe others here (in other post)have mentioned.

I'll keep you updated...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up my car at the dealership. Problem solved! There are two sensors in the frame of the windshield that are located near the holes where the pins from the top make contact with the windshield frame. Due to lack of use the sensors were not operating freely. They are sealed units and can’t be serviced, however a little contact cleaner and a few operations of up and down with top and the problem disappeared. The dealer quoted $2300 for the sensors plus labour to install them.
CRAZY!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Move your seats all the way forward and all the way backwards a few times both drivers and passengers seats ,this may work . someone on this forum told me to do this and it worked. i was going crazy with my 2011 Gran cabrio trying to figure out the cause. I have the 2 sensors for sale if anyone is interested in them for 500 for the pair.

·
Registered
200 Posts
bumping this up
having same issue 2014 mc vert
roof will go up but won't latch
goes down just fine???
i get a message when trying to latch "roof in standby"

·
Registered
200 Posts
anyone??
I’m thinking low battery may be issue trickle charger charges full but 15 Min after off trickle battery reads low again

·
Registered
200 Posts
still having issue
gonna take to the dealer
frustraiting it just won't latch at end even with a slight push on roof

·
Registered
200 Posts
Problem solved the weather warms up to 70° I pulled the car outside the roof went up and down fine
Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same issue on my 2010 for a couple of months. Last week when I put the top down, the drivers side didn't go all the way down (back). Not something you notice from inside the car. When I went to put the top back up, the headliner tore. I'm taking it in the dealer tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.
Any updates ?!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,695 Posts
When I had my previous '13 Grancabrio MC, the roof operation error message would pop up during the winter months when temps. dipped below freezing. Strangely, as weather turned warmer during the Spring and Summer, the messages never returned. In either case, the roof operated just fine.

·
Registered
659 Posts
the soft top as a system has many, many microswitches throughout the structure. some in the top of the windshield as mentioned, more in the rear on the actual frame that orient the system as to what it's condition/state is. they're all based on a logic system of "if a then b," in that if one switch is triggered either open or closed, the top can continue it's movement to the next phase. if any of these switches are acting wonky, misaligned, worn out, bent, loose, etc., the system will throw errors for unexpected readings or changes in status.
as for the temperature relation, i've seen that in a few cars to date with no issues to be found. best guesstimate is the effects of temperature on the frame of the top and the way plastics and rubber expand and contract based on heat effect the read outs from the micro switches i mentioned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, I did post an update in another tread here:

<Cut and paste from other thread>
Dealer ran up a bill trying to fix, replaced ECU, spoke to Italy, etc. No luck, and it's worse after they worked on it. I'm pretty sure my dealer (Houston) has never worked on a convertible top before.

My issue is intermittent, meaning I get the "Roof not operational" error going on and off randomly (every few seconds). I can usually get the top to work, but it takes several tries to complete.
<End cut and paste>

Since that update, my light in now on 100 percent of the time. The last time I tried to move the top, it took 20 or so tries to finally get it open. I've left it open since then (4 months). I am clueless at what to try next.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry, I did post an update in another tread here:

<Cut and paste from other thread>
Dealer ran up a bill trying to fix, replaced ECU, spoke to Italy, etc. No luck, and it's worse after they worked on it. I'm pretty sure my dealer (Houston) has never worked on a convertible top before.

My issue is intermittent, meaning I get the "Roof not operational" error going on and off randomly (every few seconds). I can usually get the top to work, but it takes several tries to complete.
<End cut and paste>

Since that update, my light in now on 100 percent of the time. The last time I tried to move the top, it took 20 or so tries to finally get it open. I've left it open since then (4 months). I am clueless at what to try next.
Hello @JackR
Please know that our team and colleagues are available to assist alongside your dealer appointment. Do not hesitate to reach out to us privately for support.

Kathryn
MaseratiCares

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2011 GT keeps showing this message "roof operation not available see handbook" funny this is, the convertible top works fine, and it shows this message when I have the top up and I am not trying to put it down, just driving. Anyone have any ideas? Also not sure if its related, but the lights on my steering wheel blink when the lights first come on, then it stops and they stay on. I love my Italian beauty, but sure likes to be high maintenance :)
Can you tell me where exactly the sensors are located and what too look for? Mine is doing the same thing!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts