Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with the roof liner (leather, in this case) coming loose and creating a rattle? I think I've narrowed it down to the passenger side rear corner, but wanted to know if anyone has experienced/solved this issue before.

Thanks!

- Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roofliner rattle.

HI:
Only a few here know at this point, but I'm returning an '04 CC as a result of a Lemon Law settlement w/ MNA. I don't need to go into the details, but trust me, my service file was so thick, the State of NJ has a special expedited program w/ fairly stringent eligibility criteria, that if met, they step into your representative's shoes and get a court date 20 days from date of approval of your application. Mine was approved promptly and on the 19th day, the case was settled. That said, the problem you're referencing is one of many I experienced. I had someone sitting in the back seat and inform me that he could visibly see the cause of the annoying rattling I'd been putting up with for months. It was a missing clip of some sort. In hanging my shirts from the drycleaner yesterday, I noticed that on the driver's side where the hanger is, with a little weight from the clothes, there was a significant gap between the section the hanger bracket was attached to and the leather headliner where they meet, just above the hanger bracket. So, yes, I've had trouble with rattling, as well as squeaking in a number of areas in the cabin, but definitely some of that was/is related to at least one missing retainer clip and maybe more than that. Sorry to go into the stuff in the beginning of my response, but I wanted to make sure you knew my experience with your problem is in the context of having been sold a lemon of sorts.

That said, in all fairness, I'm about to receive a gorgeous '06 GS in Nero Carbonio from Maserati of Minneapolis, who have been a gem to deal with, gave me a fair price, and are digging themselves out of over 2 feet of snow in order to get me the car before I go out West for a snowboarding vacation on Saturday. Taryn and Pete have been the ultimate gentlemen and very unlike my past experiences with the dealership in north NJ, I'm looking forward to really "starting over" with this new car. In spite of all the service issues I've experienced, my review of this forum over the past year and other feedback I've received from current Maserati owners, I'm convinced that this in fact is a well designed and engineered enthusiasts' car and I do so look forward to enjoying this GS as it should be enjoyed!!

Feel free to email me if you want to run anything else by me. Give me your eamil address if you'd like. I've got 15k on the '04 CC I picked up w/ 1,100 miles on it in 12/04.
Carl

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
wow. i dont think we need to go into details but from a 04 CC into a 06 GS in a year is a very good settlement. hope your GS will be excellent!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 03cc had the exact same rattle - coming from near the clothes hook in the back seat. It would only really be heard between 3500 and 4500rpm.

It was fixed under warranty. I think it was a broken clip.

-GB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear headliner rattle

I had a similar rattle. Couldn't tell if it was a blown speaker or something rattling. I finally determined that it was the leather headliner where it came to the rear window. I recently upgraded my stereo system in the car, and I had the audio guys put some insulation foam in between. It got rid of at least 90% of the annoying rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
putski89
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing