Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. I need someone's help please. Myself and my father are car enthusiast's especially when it comes to Ferrari and Maserati (Or rather Italian cars).

For the past 4 years or so, my father has owned a Maserati which they had made for there 90th Anniversary (Spyder GT). This car only has about 3k KM as its always garaged and basically looking like a doll. We dont take it out since its so precious.

Yet, only today, he decided to take it out to get everything moving as been inside for too long and somehow the electronics failed. Originally, the roof was down. When he came to put it up, it worked though then the dash kept displaying the icon of the roof (flashing). Windows would not work what so ever either. And last but not least, once we put up the hand break, the windows go down on there own and wont go up. I must switch off the car, put it on again, and then put the windows up.

Though this hasnt been fixes as still does the same. :(

Before you tell me to go to a Maserati garage, I live in Malta. Thus.... No garage :/ - Therefore cant just pick up the telephone and book it.

Waiting for anyone answer. Would greatly appreciate it. I am thinking its something small, like with a mobilizer or something.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04 Spyder. I tried the battery reset and that did not do it. In the instruction manual, there are instructions for resetting the sequence of the lowering/raising mechanism which involves pushing some buttons that are located in the glove back that are between and behind the seats. I tried that and it has worked perfectly ever since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Strange)

We tried resetting the battery and so on. My father found something in the manual, stating that it usually does that when the roof is not closed well. Have no clue why as it was (at least looked) closed well.

He did a few things, and followed steps and the car is back to normal now.

Anyhow, thank you :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi there,

I'm having the EXACT same issue on my car and it's damn annoying. Fortunately my roof is closed but I cannot get it to open, the windows will go down automatically if I have the parking break engaged and the 'magic buttons' inside the compartment wont budge it. The one to open just causes a whirring sound. I've also tried the plug hole behind the drivers set, hitting the plate to try and unlock it to no avail.

I do know what appears to have caused it though... my finger slipped off the button mid cycle of putting it down.

What did your father find to resolve the issue because I didn't see anything in the manual beyond what I've tried.

thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi there,

I'm having the EXACT same issue on my car and it's damn annoying. Fortunately my roof is closed but I cannot get it to open, the windows will go down automatically if I have the parking break engaged and the 'magic buttons' inside the compartment wont budge it. The one to open just causes a whirring sound. I've also tried the plug hole behind the drivers set, hitting the plate to try and unlock it to no avail.

I do know what appears to have caused it though... my finger slipped off the button mid cycle of putting it down.

What did your father find to resolve the issue because I didn't see anything in the manual beyond what I've tried.

thanks!
I would suggest putting the roof down using the manual procedure in the manual, follow it carefully step by step. Then see if it will go back up, properly.

I had a situation where mine got stuck in the middle, opening. I went theought the manual procedure to put it up. Then it would not go down, so i used the manual procedure to put it down, but without releasing the pressure. This worked for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Alas, I dont have a 'real' manual and I could not find instructions for that in the PDF that I do have. Is there a seperate document floating around someplace that shows what the manual process to put down the roof is?

thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, I found the scanned pages on another thread :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts