Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed in recent issue of Road&Track, "Road Test Summary" pg. 154,
Maserati is no longer listed. Just more evidence that the 4200 (mine included} is on its way to auto oblivion. Recent discussion with my dealer, regarding resale values, was "chilling".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rank newbie here, so this might sound like a ridiculous question, but which model are you talking about. . .the Coupe?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Maserati is no longer listed. Just more evidence that the 4200 (mine included} is on its way to auto oblivion. Recent discussion with my dealer, regarding resale values, was "chilling".
c'mon. if you are so concerned about your resale value, sell it now.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey Niel... I'll take that worthless piece of junk off your hands for $20k cash :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
I assumed normal depreciation when I bought my car, so Im not suprised at the current values. Its in line with a few mercedes we have in the family.
The only difference is the maserati has much less production #'s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Niel... I'll take that worthless piece of junk off your hands for $20k cash :D

OK, OK. You know what I mean. Where all going to get hurt at resale or trade-in time. I'm not too pleased about this situation either. Best strategy would probably be, use the car until it dies. In this way we'll all get our money's worth.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
c'mon. if you are so concerned about your resale value, sell it now.
Waiting for the GT and I love driving the car, now that nice weather has arrived in NE.
I'm not losing sleep over resale just posting some info of interest to the community at large. That's what this forum is all about

·
Registered
528 Posts
The last car I kept "forever" was a minivan
I bought it for 20k, and sold it for 2K
So it was worth about 10% of new after 10 years.

I really doubt the Maserati will do worse.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Waiting for the GT and I love driving the car, now that nice weather has arrived in NE.
I'm not losing sleep over resale just posting some info of interest to the community at large. That's what this forum is all about
i don't remember seeing other members here mentioning trading in their giugiaro coupe for a pininfarina GT. you must be the first.

like you said, you don't care about the resale so enjoy your coupe for the next 6 months.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i don't remember seeing other members here mentioning trading in their giugiaro coupe for a pininfarina GT. you must be the first.

like you said, you don't care about the resale so enjoy your coupe for the next 6 months.
I like the look of the new GT. My "07 F430 arrives in about two weeks. That should satisfy my "need for speed".

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought the article in R&T about the possibility of Maserati building a baby QP on the Alfa 169 was fairly intersting. If they do put out a car with 400 bhp but on a smaller and lighter platform wouldn't that also imply that there may be a new smaller (and possibly faster) Coupe following on that base.

I think my point in some other thread about Maserati becoming the Fiat luxury brand does seem to have some legs.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I like the look of the new GT. My "07 F430 arrives in about two weeks. That should satisfy my "need for speed".
if your 430 is here in 2 weeks, all the better to get rid of coupe now.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Actually, Maser is a spyder and will be nice for summer. Might consider selling it in Fall. Maybe.
on one hand you are addressed several times how the resale value of the giugiaro coupe/spyder will plummet, and now you want to sell a spyder in the fall in the NE.

just keep it then...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on one hand you are addressed several times how the resale value of the giugiaro coupe/spyder will plummet, and now you want to sell a spyder in the fall in the NE.

just keep it then...
Listen please. I'm only stating my opinion that 4200's will drop in resale value when GT comes out. To me it doesn't make any great difference. With all these exotics, except rare models, you always lose money. They are not smart investments! My posts are just stating what I believe will happen.
There is no urgency in acting. It's just my educated opinion.
If you want an investment that will appreciate, buy prime real estate.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Listen please. I'm only stating my opinion that 4200's will drop in resale value when GT comes out. To me it doesn't make any great difference. With all these exotics, except rare models, you always lose money. They are not smart investments! My posts are just stating what I believe will happen.
There is no urgency in acting. It's just my educated opinion.
If you want an investment that will appreciate, buy prime real estate.
please come back and talk about cars instead of investments and real estate. lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Niel,

Don't you think your dealer has the hidden agenda to sell you the new GT by telling you the old car resell value is going to tank if you don't trade-in fast? You fell for that sort of sales talk?? :rolleyes:

BTW QP is not listed there either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts