Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have OEM 15 spoke 18's. I have grown to like them - classic look and not many like it around. Although at times I would like a more aggressive look. They have seen better days - curb rash and paint chip. I had finally decided to have them powder coated to fix'em up.

Last week I took a pot hole -unavoidable - and shredded the tire and bent the rim. You cant see the bend until you spin the tire on the balancer. They were able to balance the tire w/ about 3oz's of weights but you can see the "out-of-round" . A local shop says they can fix it ($100).

Wheel Collision in PA has refurbished ones for $350 w/ exchange (plus shipping). Wondering what others experiences have been fixing rims. Or buy a refurbished one - which in all likelihood has been repaired as well.

There aren't many options for new rims unless you go customs and I would rather put that $3-4k towards other mods (e.g., springs) - but would not be adverse to nice rims at a reasonable cost.

Opinions ? And, any leads on a 15 spoke front 18" rim ? or, new rim options ?

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Unless you want to shell out the 3-4k for a set of multi-piece forged wheels, I’d recommend staying with what you have. you may have difficulty finding the right fitment and offset in a less expensive, cast wheel, due to the rarity of the Maserati. With a 3 piece forged wheel, there are much better options to get a factory fit, that does not require spacers etc, and the forged centers are much lighter, and stronger, than cheaper cast wheels. iForged makes a nice 15 spoke, but it is probably in the 3-4k range. It'd be money well spent IMO, and is the proper kind of wheel for a Maserati ;)

http://iforged.com/us/wheels_detail.php?WhID=27

1 - 2 of 2 Posts