Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
i've seen them on a few maseratis now, street cred lost and the wheels still ends up curbed.
the side mirrors have a tilt in reverse feature...

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I was actually looking into that a couple of years ago, but 1) would have considered them only if they could be painted to match the wheel color, or 2) as an accent piece in the exact color of the car, but a body shop would probably charge quite a bit to mix it and paint the guards. And still not sure they would not be an eye sore.. But I read a few reviews, none too positive; they don't stay on well or for long, and not 100% foolproof , the wheel may still get rash depending on where and how you touch the curb
Hey, you wanna get street cred ? How'bout these curb feelers ?
curb feelers.jpg
Drive a GTS with those on , just add some fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, and you'e rockin' it ! 😜

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fuzzy bear would be proud of you DSGT!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I think in my entire life I have only seen one car with those on, it was in the 70s in Cleveland and I believe on a huge Cadillac. Very fitting :LOL:

I was thinking of those rim protection things only for the first month or so after I bought the car until I got used to its dimensions, this is the biggest car I've driven in 40 years, so I though just in the unlikely chance I might misjudge a distance. And it wouldn't happen parallel parking, but I touched the end of a parking isle curb, when leaving and turning too early ; it was in a completely blind spot on the passenger side of the car, and I was sure I drove far enough to clear it ..I was wrong . Hey, s**t happens once in a while..

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have been SUPER careful to protect my wheels against curbs.....then after 2.5 years for some strange reason I scraped the front passenger side when parking alone the road in the SAME spot almost weekly!!!
(Click on thumbnails) - cost me about $300 Rim off on a Tuesday and back on my car on Friday AM - just in time for the Sat car show!

Before:

20190915_182157.jpg 20190915_182153.jpg 20190915_182145.jpg
After:
For $300 they did an AMAZING Job!!!!

20190920_155236.jpg 20190920_155234.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been SUPER careful to protect my wheels against curbs.....then after 2.5 years for some strange reason I scraped the front passenger side when parking alone the road in the SAME spot almost weekly!!!
(Click on thumbnails) - cost me about $300 Rim off on a Tuesday and back on my car on Friday AM - just in time for the Sat car show!

Before:

View attachment 128125 View attachment 128124 View attachment 128126
After:
For $300 they did an AMAZING Job!!!!

View attachment 128127 View attachment 128129
Looks like it was replaced. How were they able to fix that?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Negative on the replacement.
They fixed it. I have no idea how....dropped the car off on Tuesday picked up Friday....$300+/-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts