Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've been doing some repaving around here and left a bunch of manhole covers sticking up. Yesterday came out to find a flat rear, punped it up and it was flat again this AM. Inspection reveals a hairline crack about 1 inch on the inside of the rim. Don't remember hitting anything but...

$1300 for a new rim or $150 to have the old one welded?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, my personal suggestion isn't available as an option but that would be to get a set of HRE 595R in gloss black with a polished lip, would look amazing on a yellow spyder.

As far as repairing the wheel, I had my wheels repaired in the past by local places on other cars and they did terrible jobs, but I've also had good experiences. I know a guy in TX if you're willing to ship it out who does a great job. As long as you take it to some place reputable it's a good price, just don't try to skimp on it because when you're going 150mph the last thing you want to know is the wheels you trust your car on were repaired incorrectly.

You have the 02 15 spoke wheels correct?

I might have some used ones in stock, I don't know the condition of all of them since I haven't been to the warehouse in almost 2 months but I'd be more than happy to call and check if you would like.

Also new from us is less than $1,300, we discount OEM Maserati parts 5-15%.

If interested contact me below:

·
Registered
681 Posts
mmmmmm68 said:
I may need his help too
I'm at home right now I'll post his info up tommorow when I get into the shop.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the guys the local tire store recommended. A brief conversation indicated, the guy seemed to know wha't he's doing, and he's squeezing me in on Saturday since I've got no spare (says he leaves that day open for 5-6 appointments for special needs - so he's customer oriented).

I've got the 15 spoke BBS 18s so PM me the pricing for a replacement and the HREs...

thanks

MVP said:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, my personal suggestion isn't available as an option but that would be to get a set of HRE 595R in gloss black with a polished lip, would look amazing on a yellow spyder.

As far as repairing the wheel, I had my wheels repaired in the past by local places on other cars and they did terrible jobs, but I've also had good experiences. I know a guy in TX if you're willing to ship it out who does a great job. As long as you take it to some place reputable it's a good price, just don't try to skimp on it because when you're going 150mph the last thing you want to know is the wheels you trust your car on were repaired incorrectly.

You have the 02 15 spoke wheels correct?

I might have some used ones in stock, I don't know the condition of all of them since I haven't been to the warehouse in almost 2 months but I'd be more than happy to call and check if you would like.

Also new from us is less than $1,300, we discount OEM Maserati parts 5-15%.

If interested contact me below:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wheel Repair By Adam
10952 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75220

(214) 357-5762

Been 6 years since we've used him but have referred others, you can use us as a reference if he remembers us.

I'll send you a PM by the end of the day on the HRE and OEM used prices.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Misfortune travels across the pond!
I hit a pothole yesterday which left my tyre wall bulged and the alloy very slightly bent on the inside rim. I got the tyre replaced immediately but will probably get the alloy replaced as a precaution. I'm also getting the suspension and alignment checked at the garage tomorrow morning. I intend to package all the bills up and claim from the Oxford Highways Authority!
The cost and hassle is so irritating.
Thje poor chap in front of me got off worse - his alloy actually broke.
After reporting it to the Police, the hole was filled within the hour.

·
Registered
513 Posts
surfnirnava said:
Misfortune travels across the pond!
After reporting it to the Police, the hole was filled within the hour.
Refilled in an hour??!!!, Over here in the SanFrancisco Bay Area they take months to refill potholes. I swear some of them have weeds and flowers popping out of them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Cracked rims really do suck. I had one of my Kinesis K-27 rims on my Alfa crack. :mad:

I had it repaired for about $275.00. But, that sure beat having to buy a new wheel!

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Having a cracked rim is very concerning.

I've been racing and rallying for a long time and never cracked anything - bent plenty of wheels though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just returned from the dealer. Confirmed - I need a new wheel and strongly suggested to have all the wheels aligned again. New wheel is £300 plus tax. The wheel alignment will cost £114, so including the new tyre that pothole has cost me over £600!
The claim form from the Highways people arrived today so, fingers crossed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts