Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The workshop manual would be useful right about now ;)

The blinker 'stalk' on the side of the steering wheel only works for blinking left. When raising the stalk to blink right it does nothing. There is no blinking green arrow on the dash, there is no 'tick-tick-tick' noise and the yellow lights ouside the car do nothing. Everything works when blinking left.

I have not tried to see if the hazard lights will blink both blinkers yet. I will try that later tonight. If the hazards work, then that could indicate a problem with the stalk?

Any ideas on what the issue could be? Could this be a bad bulb that causes the circuit to not be complete and it just does not work? (Italian electrics... like christmas lights where one bulb burns out and then they all stop working). I cannot imagine there is a single fuse for just the right blinkers?

Is there a longer warranty on 'inspection' items such as blinkers and other safety items? I know that catalytic converters have a longer warranty.

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin '02 Coupe CC

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just replaced the Right blinker on my car

Rock took it out so I had put a new one in. What a PitA. does the blinker work outside the car? relays go bad

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like a possible IGE module going bad. IGE is the computer for the lighting system in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blinker issue update

Well, the right side blinker issue seems to be intermittent. The hazard lights (which use the blinkers) work fine. One time, the right blinkers worked for a split second and I heard a single tick inside the car for the blinker and then a quick bzzzz (or maybe it was a fizzle sound) and the blinker stopped working for a while.

For now I just turn on the hazard lights when I want to turn right on the highway. It's better than not blinking at all. It must be a short somewhere in a wire or a connection and not an entire computer module?

Thank you for the replies!
-Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts