Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 4200GT Spyder 4 months ago, and I want to do a gear oil change (45k miles). The previous owner did a change at 30k miles, but according the the Maserati dealership in LA, they put ATF oil on it. On the stick shift 6 speed ZF gearbox, I would think that Automatic Transmission Fluid is not the right type of gear oil. What gear oil should I put on it, and if it actually has ATF oil on it now, what kind of trouble could that cause? The gearbox shifts fine, but it's a little hard to get from 1st to 2nd on a cold gearbox, but as soon as it's warmed up, it's smooth and quick.
Could the dealership have put ATF on the bill by accident (old habit?), or could they actually have filled the wrong type of oil? Any comments or gear oil recomendations?

·
Registered
280 Posts
read thru and you will see

It's not the fluid but an inherent problem in the 6 speed; I went to the royal Purple and it helped but the key is the "warm up", other folks talk about adjustments and the like, still better than a CC in my opinion...........dogdoc:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.