Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Door open on dashboard, Alarm light blinking/ Car not locking

Hi guys,

I tinted the windows on my granturismo yesterday evening. After the guy finished, the car stopped locking completely. I cant lock unlock the car using the buttons inside the car, nor the buttons on the remote key.
Also, the right door light on the dash board is on. The door is closed but still says opened and beeping while i drive. I am assuming its a drop of water from the tinting process that passed all the way down to the sensors. Its been 24 hrs already that this has happened. It should have dried. I removed the battery cable twice already for more than 15 minutes but still the same.
Any suggestions what the problem could be?!

·
Registered
27 Posts
In order to tint the windows, he would have probably stuck something (screwdriver?) in the door latch to make the window stay up with the door open. As you know, the window goes down a little with the door open. How to fix it, I don't know, buy I wouldn't doubt if that caused the problem. Check the latch in the door.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The door closes fine. Just the message on the dashboard + beeping is annoying. Doesn't lock unlock using the buttons inside the car. Looks using the key from outside. Using the remote key, it sends signal, lights red but stays opened. The second hard button on the door handle opens the car only. Both sides first button on door are disabled.

5,786 Posts
+1 sounds like something with the latch...There is a micro switch inside the latch that tells the status of the door...closed or open..They are generally sealed not to allow water in...Not sure what happen there and why it would not work after tint job. Your probably gonna have to go back and talk to window tint place manager...Stuff like this is part of the reason shops charge more to work on exotic stuff. As a business you take on a lot more liability...Just saying...Jason

·
Super Moderator
4,969 Posts
Nice to see a consensus with the UK team :)

C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right Door open on dashboard, Alarm light blinking/ Car not locking

Hi guys,

I tinted the windows on my granturismo yesterday evening. After the guy finished, the car stopped locking completely. I cant lock unlock the car using the buttons inside the car, nor the buttons on the remote key.
Also, the right door light on the dash board is on. The door is closed but still says opened and beeping while i drive. I am assuming its a drop of water from the tinting process that passed all the way down to the sensors. Its been 24 hrs already that this has happened. It should have dried. I removed the battery cable twice already for more than 15 minutes but still the same.
Any suggestions what the problem could be?!
Hey I need help I did the same thing with the tint now my window won’t go to the very top and it’s saying that my door is not closed

·
Registered
363 Posts
How about with the window down? Same response? Can I assume your manual latch on the door works? The inside latch is 100% cable/manual pull but Jason is right, the microswitch is an open/close circuit.

does your door lock dash button look depressed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact same problem. The tint guy explained that he closes the latch while the door is open to get the window all the way up. He also admitted to closing the door without reopening the door latch on accident causing the door latch to collide against the latch catch. Not hard but obviously a jolt. The door closes and opens fine but now the car thinks that door is open which is causing all the same issues as above. I'm guessing maybe a sensor was damaged from the jolt. Anyone have experience with the door jamb sensor going out?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Certainly sounds like it could have damaged something in the latch. Would pulling the fuse to the windows so they don't go down be a better approach for window tinting. Just asking cause I may tint my own windows.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just wanted to update the post, the door latch was replaced and the problem is resolved. The part was $70 and it took about an hour and a half of labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to update the post, the door latch was replaced and the problem is resolved. The part was $70 and it took about an hour and a half of labor.
was it just the metal part the door latches onto thats on the door jam or the part in the door itself. if in door itself would u have a part number? lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts